Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: turbo water drain line part #'s?

Some Boost

turbo water drain line part #'s?

Hi,

I've found lots of information about the regular coolant hose part #'s but can't find anything about the lines from the turbo to the block. There are two of them, either side of a metal pipe. Many of the pictures of them I can find show they are orange.

Since they are so close to the turbo I don't think they are normal heater hoses.

Anyone have part #'s for these or recommendations on what to replace them with?

Thanks,

Chris
    1984 Mercury Capri RS
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The hoses you refer to are the turbo coolant FEED hoses/tube. Cold[er] coolant comes from the rear/lower portion of the block and travels upward then forward top the thermostat housing, onto the then radiator.

In any case use a 1/2" multi-layer reinforced silicone material, approx 3" in length for all three pieces (two on the lower, inlet tube and one on the upper outlet tube). It's too close to the exhaust system parts to use a regular rubber-like material - it would not last long.

Lastly be sure to NOT use those serrated hose clamps without a smooth band inside. The serrations (screw threads) will slice the silicone and tear it up real fast.

The Ford part number is 8A506, which is a number for bulk hose.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Some Boost
    Thanks Mike.

Learn something new every time I work on this car.

Thanks for the tip on the clamps as well.

Chris
    1984 Mercury Capri RS
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Since this is a technical thread, here's some relevant turbo coolant hoses and tubes diagrams showing part numbers, component locations, and assembly torque specs. Hopefully enough detail to get things back together.
    Coolant1.jpg
    Coolant2.jpg
    coolanttubes.jpg

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Some Boost
    I've been looking for the bulk 8A506 hose for a couple of days now with no luck. Online a search on '8A506' yields tons of parts since it is a common hose # for Ford. Looking through most of the results none look like what is needed. Advanced Auto showed regular radiator hose as a replacement, but per this thread I knew that was wrong.

Anyone have a link to where they bought for these hoses?

Thanks,

Chris
    1984 Mercury Capri RS

Some Boost
    Finally getting back to this now that the engine is in the car. One question: which side of the heater core does the line from the intake/oil cooler go to? I've seen it both ways in pictures here and elsewhre online. Two examples;

http://www.svocop.com/forum/attachme...0&d=1341603756

http://www.svocop.com/forum/attachme...4&d=1365806531

I THINK it goes from the intake to the oil cooler return to the LEFT side of the heater core but I'm not positive.

Thanks,

Chris
    1984 Mercury Capri RS

One heater core inlet pipe is typically larger and usually has a restrictor in it. That side, with the restrictor, connects to the water pump outlet.

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    One heater core inlet pipe is typically larger and usually has a restrictor in it. That side, with the restrictor, connects to the water pump outlet.
    So the line from the water pump that goes to the oil cooler then goes into the larger side and the other side of the heater core goes to the thermostat housing?

Thanks,

Chris
    1984 Mercury Capri RS

Some Boost
    Here we go again. Sorry.

Finally got all the pipes together and will be trying to put everything together this weekend, but I'm still confused about the routing of the hoses.

So from the water pump, the line goes to the oil cooler, then to the heater core. BUT which side of the heater core? The big or the little inlet (on my new heater core the 'big' inlet is on the right)? I've found several examples of both, but it clear which it should be.

Thanks,

Chris
    1984 Mercury Capri RS

Here is a before picture when I had to bypass my heater core last fall.

Darran
    1986 9L SVO, 1982 1C GT

In case you've not solved your silicone hose sourcing issue yet, there is another option.
    Ford did carry (and it appears they still do) the short pieces of silicone hose on our cars...E5SZ-8A506-A

IMG_4656.JPG

IMG_4655.JPG

IMG_4654.JPG

What's that tapping sound?? Chalky's Avatar
    My question is, where do you get the turbo water inlet fitting 87527-S ????

Quote Originally Posted by Chalky View Post
    Is it a flare X NPT? I would think a company like Parker or another hose type industrial type supplier would have something.
    Darran
    1986 9L SVO, 1982 1C GT

Speciality hardware store. Iirc it's 3/8 pipe male to 1/2" tube nut inverted flare female. More readily available in brass last time I looked (5+ years ago).

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    Speciality hardware store. Iirc it's 3/8 pipe male to 1/2" tube nut inverted flare female. More readily available in brass last time I looked (5+ years ago).
    Just checked McMaster, nothing that large, but could be worth a call to see if they have something not listed online. Worth a shot if you really need one.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 MINI Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Quote Originally Posted by svono50 View Post
    Just checked McMaster, nothing that large, but could be worth a call to see if they have something not listed online. Worth a shot if you really need one.
    slight necrothread, but just dealt with these shenanigins. summit has em for ~10 bucks: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/trd-2273/overview/
    "radar detectors are illegal in the Commonwealth of Virgina" "i bet cloaking devices are illegal too! good-bye!"

Since I have the head off I want to have a new water line made. I don't want to cut the one I have for Attachment 7799Attachment 7800this fitting. In the first drawing it's view A Turbo Water Outlet Assembly part #E5ZZ-A8A520 What is the name of this fitting? It goes into the fitting that then goes into the turbo center housing?
    Your Best Bet, Hire a Vet!

That is the coolant tube exiting the CHRA. That "nut", or fitting, is a part of the tube assy - it's a 1/2" tube flare nut crimped onto the tube end with a SAE double flare tube end.

I got that fitting from Summit # EDD-121800 . I am going to make the tube out of copper tubing.
    Your Best Bet, Hire a Vet!