Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: Project Blackheart

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    What's that tapping sound?? Chalky's Avatar

Project Blackheart

Hi All, well the dust has finally settled and I feel now is the appropriate moment to announce the commencment of my new build, "Project Blackheart". I'm going to add more detail and pics shortly but the basic jist involves taking the seven years of R&D and Hi-Po parts from Blackie the Wonderbeater and adding those to what was going to be the concourse restoration of my '84 t-top SVO.

So, think Concourse Restomod and you'll have some idea where this going. It's gonna be fun, more to come.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm looking forward to this one. Bring on the pictures.
    Enough of that, it was giving me a headache.

Concours Restomod? Shouldn't that be in RED?
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Concourse Restomod

-RICH-

Half Boost
    I cant wait to see how this all goes. Sounds like fun!

Noob
    Definitely like the sound of "concours restomod", but would that be an oxymoron? Like it anyway!

Nice stuff but brakes are good.

It's been to long time between drinks and although there hasn't been a huge amount of progress because I've been super busy at work we're getting there. Another day at the shop saw the whole front suspension removed and replaced with some of Blackies old MM parts plus a bunch of new SN95 parts. If anyone's wondering they are original SVO arms with SN95 balljoints.

I also got a package in the mail that made me very happy. Need to switch the rack and get an alignment and then we should be good to go. You can find more pics at the instagram pages but here are a couple to wet the appetite.
    Attached Images Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thumbs Up

Its good to hear from you, she is getting close.
    The Machine speaks for itself !!

Things are progressing slowly, it's been a very busy start to the the year workwise so I haven't gotten a whole lot done. Seem to have fixed the electrical gremlin and a while ago josh and I fitted the new exhaust. It's a hybrid Merkur Depot/Stinger 3" to twin 2.5" full stainless with Magnaflow mufflers. I have a wastegate with a v-band which will eventually be fitted to the new turbo I got from Laredo a few years ago for which I am having all the parts apart from the CHRA ceramic coated coated. The system sounds pretty good and I like the look and sound more than the 3" single that was fitted. Here's a link to a clip of it running.

https://instagram.com/p/wCYNzbBeJw/?taken-by=svocop

Also started blowing some smoke a few weeks ago. It's not the valve stem seals because it starts a few minutes after startup. Josh and I suspect it's the oil return line which has been on the engine since it's was built nearly 100K ago. I've got a new one which we'll put on and if that's not it, the new turbo is going on.

Have you checked your plugs to see what they look like? That would be an easier & more logical place to start than the oil drain line.
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...