Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: How to Choose the Right Spark Plug???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    What's that tapping sound?? Chalky's Avatar

How to Choose the Right Spark Plug???

Ok, so we all know that the factory spec replacement for the SVO is the Motorcraft AWSF32-C, but if you want to go with something else, apart from looking at the parts store webpages for a recommendation, how do you decide the correct plug for your engine?? How do you determine the correct heat range etc?? Experts, please chime in!!!!

Stock? Modified?
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

Exactly!!! an answer on both senarios would be helpful

At one point I used to recommend the NGK TR5, however, after several broken porcelain incidents I believe that plug is too hot and now use the TR6.
    Enough of that, it was giving me a headache.

I've been using the NGK TR5 IX for years with no problems but someone recently said it was too cold a plug. I was wondering how to determine that??

If you start having cold-start and idling issues where the plugs are fouling, then it's too cold. Otherwise, you're good to go.

Someday I'll post a pic of how/where to read the actual temp of the electrodes. But it's tired and I'm late now.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite