Log in

View Full Version : Body side molding



k98dave
10-31-2012, 06:46 PM
The thin body side/door molding was missing from my car when I got it. Is this molding still available anywhere?

stockman1
11-01-2012, 05:23 AM
National Parts Depot, I believe that i saw it in their catalog?

k98dave
11-01-2012, 01:38 PM
I tried them, all they have was the wide molding used on GT's & LX.

BrianM
11-01-2012, 03:45 PM
Although not the exact same profile when I was looking at another car missing the moldings my research came up with this as pretty good replacement and it's cheap.

http://www.repaintsupply.com/pd_cow_3330201_58_matte_black_european_style.cfm

k98dave
11-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Thanks,

This looks like the best replacement.

chastee1
11-03-2012, 09:46 AM
I couldn't really tell from the link how much of a match it was. I am also looking for the two trim pieces per the photos attached on my 86 SVO. I am missing the driver's side front piece (short piece between front wheel well and door) and the passenger side rear piece (between rear wheel well and door).

I tried calling R&E but they are closed. I don't need an exact match for the NOS that's on the car, but I'd like it to be passable from a few feet away. I am assuming it's just a set length that you need to purchase/then cut & paint? I don't see the length specified on the site - just $15.34. Are these actually cut to size?

BrianM
11-03-2012, 04:48 PM
The profile is different so you wouldn't want to mix and match. I believe the price is for a 20ft roll. Cut to fit and paint. Good option for someone missing all of the original.

Chalky
11-07-2012, 09:45 PM
It won't match your original stuff but it is a good replacement. I used that when i painted my 84 and no ever seems to notice.

4themasses
11-08-2012, 10:37 AM
I couldn't really tell from the link how much of a match it was. I am also looking for the two trim pieces per the photos attached on my 86 SVO. I am missing the driver's side front piece (short piece between front wheel well and door) and the passenger side rear piece (between rear wheel well and door).

I tried calling R&E but they are closed. I don't need an exact match for the NOS that's on the car, but I'd like it to be passable from a few feet away. I am assuming it's just a set length that you need to purchase/then cut & paint? I don't see the length specified on the site - just $15.34. Are these actually cut to size?

Just sent you an email with basically the same info that is in here. Saw your post in a diff. forum. The link above is your best option.

Ford Builder
02-16-2013, 10:01 PM
I have two original spare front moldings I can sell cheap that I will part with. if that helps