PDA

View Full Version : Car cover??

Laredo
11-07-2012, 05:26 PM
Looking at getting a cover for my car, stored in a dry heated garage for the winter. Just want to keep the dust off. Did some searching - wow! So many choices....brands, materials, etc. Any recommendations or experiences (good or bad)?

MikeFleming
11-07-2012, 08:42 PM
I bought one of these for the SVO from a company called Car Cover Direct.. Love it!

Custom-Fit Car Cover Part #:C8426BK
Model: MUSTANG SVO
Year: 1984
Features: Hatchback (2 Door)
Material: Technalon® Evolution
Options: 2 Mirror Pockets
Color: Blue
Quantity: 1
Price: $194.33

Meotchh
11-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Got my Wolf cover on Summit. Don't recall the price, but I believe it was somewhere between $150.00 & $200.00.

Fits well now. It was a little too snug to start but that only took a couple months usage to loosen up a little. I also have a wolf on the 88 coupe.

Alex L
11-08-2012, 04:47 PM
unfortunately for me, both the 84s have to weather winter outdoors this year (haven't built the second garage.. yet) :( the technalon covers show good for winter/snow, how well do they fit over the biwing area?

BrianM
11-08-2012, 05:50 PM
If you have to store outdoors get a Covercraft Weathershield HP. Best fabric on the market for outdoor storage. They also make a Weathershield HP+ which is a thicker material with the same properties. I had to store my SVO outside the first few months I had it so I invested in one. They are waterproof and breathable also fit great.

Laredo
11-10-2012, 07:50 AM
I bought one of these for the SVO from a company called Car Cover Direct.. Love it!

Mike, is this the place you purchased from?

http://www.carcoversdirect.com/?gclid=CIDu-dzfxLMCFYQ7MgodJAMAiQ

MikeFleming
11-10-2012, 08:33 AM
I will have to check my records - but it looks correct

KevinK
11-11-2012, 10:56 PM
The weather shield HP over was ok but when the warranty expired, the fabric started to pull apart. It's an out side cover anyway. I expected it to last longer with the much higher price tag.

I would stay away from the embossed fabrics. I saw one turn powdery with age.

i have seven different covers. Each has its purpose.

Alex L
12-03-2013, 11:39 AM
dragging this thread up from the grave.

over summer, mice decided to make a home in my covers; ate over a dozen large holes in em. covercraft will send out 'small' patches free of charge, but for major repairs they sell replacement fabric for $10 per running yard off a 4.5' bolt.

only other issue ive ran into is that the cover tends to wear excessively around the edges of the bi-wing area. planning to put a few additional sacrificial layers on the wear spots while in there patching.

[edit] also can order the SVO specific part from car covers direct directly from http://www.carcoversdirect.com/parts/C8426GK

rodster
12-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Better to dig up an old thread than to reinvent the wheel. ;)

Sorry about the mice but thanks for the feedback.

k98dave
12-04-2013, 07:41 PM
NPD has SVO specific covers now also

dagenham
12-05-2013, 02:45 PM
If it says Budge on it, run away! They are complete junk!! We have several Budge covers and work very nice. Only complaint is the dust they leave behind after a while.