Log in

View Full Version : Firebird Raceway to close.



Patrick
11-09-2012, 09:45 PM
http://www.americasautoscene.com/2012/10/23/firebird-international-raceway-the-end-of-an-era-after-30-years-in-the-valley-of-the-sun/

MikeFleming
11-10-2012, 08:55 AM
It is closing under the current contracts of 30 years. As far as I know there are no plans to bulldoze the tracks.

Bondurant is still there (although I do not know their plans. There have been local threads of a new tenant taking a new lease but nothing definite yet.

Rlessary
10-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Thats too bad.

MikeFleming
10-06-2013, 01:16 PM
It's still open, new owners, new management. This weekend, 10/05-06/2013, is one last TnT event at the dragstrip.

Rumor has it that the 35+ year old drag strip will be torn up and a new one put in its place. The assorted road courses and the lake are still there afaik. I do not know what the plans are for those, but they were still being used by the Bondurant School last I heard.

Mike Croke
10-06-2013, 04:06 PM
http://www.arizonaautoscene.com/archives/26891

http://www.racewildhorse.com/

MikeFleming
10-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Wow! Next weekend is the Bob Bondurant 80th b-day party. I have to work Saturday, maybe I'll take a drive up there on Friday and check it out.