PDA

View Full Version : Abandoned Car Reclaimation Service??

MikeFleming
01-15-2013, 11:45 AM
I was thinking of starting a new business and collecting abandoned vehicles for scrap:

http://www.kvoa.com/news/abandoned-vehicles-hold-thousands-of-pounds-of-pot/

Hmmm ...

Sick Puppy
01-15-2013, 12:05 PM
Since I'm out of work I have three qustions...

1. Do you need a partner? (i can still drive and shoot)

2. How close are you to the border?

3. How's the housing market down there?

MikeFleming
01-15-2013, 12:25 PM
1. Sure. Good shooting is always a resume item around here. Can you qualify for a Class 3 FA/suppressed license (would require you to be an AZ resident though)?

2. According to Google Maps, 70.8 miles, 73 minutes. We have a special freeway from the south side of Tucson directly to Nogales. And then we have that foreign country that has ~50 miles of Mexico border area that is not patrolled by BP (cause it's not America!). They may have different guns laws there though. Mostly unpaved, hostile territory for someone that can't walk far.

3. Prices have increased here (Pima country) a few percent each year over the last few years - not like what has happened in the Phoenix area though (+22% last two years). Probably still a whole lot cheaper than CT though. The house prices to build are about the same, it's the dirt that's cheaper.

We have collector car insurance and licensing laws here. That's a plus. But most of the roads are crap.