PDA

View Full Version : Which one of these injectors doesn't belong?

stockman1
06-11-2013, 04:52 PM
Leaking injector replaced with warranty has same part number but looks really different? Orig. order was 4 of pintle with orange cap. Replacement on the left. Are these compatible?

MikeFleming
06-11-2013, 06:58 PM
Imho, No.

The one on the left is a Bendix DEKA injector that sprays a fine pencil point spray while the one on the right is a pintle type that sprays a large, fine droplet cone. I would only use all of one or all of the other, the BOSCH pintle-type being the preferred type.

Just for kicks see it the DEKA is a low-impedance injector (should measure ~2.4 Ohms).

stockman1
06-11-2013, 07:02 PM
Imho, No.

The one on the left is a Bendix DEKA injector that sprays a fine pencil point spray while the one on the right is a pintle type that sprays a large, fine droplet cone. I would only use all of one or all of the other, the BOSCH pintle-type being the preferred type.

Just for kicks see it the DEKA is a low-impedance injector (should measure ~2.4 Ohms).I am not an expert like you, and the part numbers are the same? However I agree that mixing is not a good idea. Looks like another couple of days down until I get the right part. I will measure now.

stockman1
06-11-2013, 07:06 PM
Just for kicks see it the DEKA is a low-impedance injector (should measure ~2.4 Ohms: pintle reads 2.6 ohms and disc type reads 2.5. but I think the spray pattern will be different and one is longer than the other. I don't think I should mix?

MikeFleming
06-11-2013, 08:02 PM
Do not mix. You WANT the cone pattern - that is what worked when these engines were originally designed. And since you're not currently working on remapping the fuel tables, ...