View Full Version : Fender lip "rolling"
Laredo
07-04-2013, 06:42 AM
Picked up some 245 Hankook Z214's for my tri-bar 17" rims. Don't have them mounted yet, but based on previous posts I've read, looks like I may have to do some fender lip rolling to avoid rubbing. Lots of techniques / tools etc out there (Eastwood tool $259, baseball bats, jack handles, etc). Any recommendations or tips from someone who has done this?
MikeFleming
07-04-2013, 09:54 AM
Before or after paint?
Before: use a 2 Lb dead-blow hammer and bend the inner lip edge up/outwards. In my experience, only the rears need attention - depending on offset.
I have never cracked any paint doing this but I have an advanced degree in Hammer. Yes, all of my hammers are registered.
Laredo
07-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Before or after paint? After (about 27 years) :)
In my experience, only the rears need attention - depending on offset. That's what I was hoping, the tribar has slightly less offset (+35mm, stock SVO is +43) but I have quite a bit of negative camber in the front.
fess40
07-04-2013, 01:10 PM
I got the Eastwood Roller on sale. Made things super easy.
Robertosvo
07-04-2013, 11:16 PM
Make sure you do it in stages ....litle bit.... little bit more...etc
use a heat gun on the paint to prevent the paint from chiping or cracking
Laredo
07-05-2013, 06:36 AM
Make sure you do it in stages ....litle bit.... little bit more...etc
use a heat gun on the paint to prevent the paint from chiping or cracking
Thanks Robert and fess. Found a source locally through the autocross club who rents out the Eastwood roller.
Meotchh
07-05-2013, 09:19 AM
Hmm, that sounds like a good reason to buy one. You could easily get your money back in rental fees. What does the local source charge Doug?
Laredo
07-06-2013, 08:51 AM
What does the local source charge Doug? He said $10 per use now that it's paid for. He had previously charged $20.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.5 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions Inc. All rights reserved.