PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: The Complete Turbo 2.3L EEC-IV Handbook-Allan Slocum

FoxBuddy
09-24-2013, 07:00 AM
I am looking for some books that have been available elsewhere (including here) in the past but I cannot locate currently and I want to see if any are available. I am looking to do some basic troubleshooting, but more importantly just gain more knowledge on the engine itself.
As far as I am aware there are 2nd and 3rd editions available (would prefer both actually).

Shipping to Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Let me know what you got and for how much.
Thanks

TheSVOTrust
09-24-2013, 06:23 PM
Had to edit twice !

Sorry - figured I wouldn't see a reply AS I CAN'T USE MY PHONE on the road ! (Still don't know my password)

Mark

baltimucho
09-25-2013, 07:23 AM
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.zip (http://foxchassis.com/files/Turbo%20manual%20PDF.zip)

::m::

Patrick
09-25-2013, 09:57 AM
baltimucho, the author and/or legal owner of the content you posted has contacted me and expressed that distributing copyrighted material without permission is illegal. Link is thereby removed.

FoxBuddy
09-25-2013, 10:44 AM
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.zip (http://foxchassis.com/files/Turbo%20manual%20PDF.zip)

::m::

Dang.

baltimucho, the author and/or legal owner of the content you posted has contacted me and expressed that distributing copyrighted material is illegal. Link is thereby removed.

Unfortunately I have to agree with that. Does the "author and/or legal owner of the content" have any copies for sale? I'm surprised nobody has anything. Does SVOCOP have an ETA as to when they will get more copies for sale?

http://www.svocop.com/forum/showthread.php?1585-2-3-Turbo-manual-available-for-Bellevue-and-Sturgis

Patrick
09-25-2013, 10:48 AM
I am looking for some books that have been available elsewhere (including here) in the past but I cannot locate currently and I want to see if any are available. I am looking to do some basic troubleshooting, but more importantly just gain more knowledge on the engine itself.
As far as I am aware there are 2nd and 3rd editions available (would prefer both actually).

Shipping to Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Let me know what you got and for how much.
Thanks
I have a request in to Allan Slocum, the author, for more copies of his booklet. He has been away from home for several months (Actually, he was hiking the Pacific Trail this summer, so maybe we could have had him deliver it personally!). I will update when I hear back from him.

Patrick
09-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Dang.

Unfortunately I have to agree with that. Does the "author and/or legal owner of the content" have any copies for sale? I'm surprised nobody has anything. Does SVOCOP have an ETA as to when they will get more copies for sale?

http://www.svocop.com/forum/showthread.php?1585-2-3-Turbo-manual-available-for-Bellevue-and-Sturgis The 2.3 Turbo booklet is property of Mike Fleming under license from Ford, and can be ordered from Mike or our treasurer Mitch. Just send them a PM for further info, if not covered in the link that you posted.

MikeFleming
09-25-2013, 11:21 AM
The "2.3L EFI Turbocharged Engine" service training manual reprints are listed here (in a well-hidden FS thread):

http://www.svocop.com/forum/showthread.php?841-Some-Things-For-Sale

I have about 30 copies remaining.

baltimucho
09-25-2013, 11:47 AM
baltimucho, the author and/or legal owner of the content you posted has contacted me and expressed that distributing copyrighted material without permission is illegal. Link is thereby removed.

No worries. I didn't know about Mike's licensing agreement. That was just a link I had bookmarked for a long time.

Patrick
09-26-2013, 10:42 AM
I got a response from Allan last night. He is currently in the land of Huber, and will be back in mid October. Expect new reprints of the 2.3 Turbo EEC-IV Handbook in November.

FoxBuddy
09-26-2013, 10:46 AM
Good stuff. I tried and email address for him off of the merkurencyclopedia site and it wouldnt go through.

FoxBuddy
10-29-2013, 08:43 PM
Expect new reprints of the 2.3 Turbo EEC-IV Handbook in November.

Getting closer. So is Christmas though...hope they come in.

Ford Builder
10-30-2013, 02:51 AM
You can count me in for a Allan Slocum hand book !!

Patrick
12-03-2013, 07:02 PM
Well, I just got a call from Mr. MerkurEncyclopedia, Allan Slocum.

The books will be delivered this week, so you can request billing/payment info from Meotchh and we might be able get them in the mail early next week.

FoxBuddy
12-06-2013, 05:35 PM
Well, I just got a call from Mr. MerkurEncyclopedia, Allan Slocum.

The books will be delivered this week, so you can request billing/payment info from Meotchh and we might be able get them in the mail early next week.

Meotchh no answer PM :(

boardmaster
12-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Patience Darrin, Meotchh will hook you up. I noticed that he is on a "little drive" right now. Looks like he drove from Seattle to California for a in-n-out burger, maybe something else as well. I think he's on his way back home.

Meotchh
12-11-2013, 07:25 AM
Patience Darrin, Meotchh will hook you up. I noticed that he is on a "little drive" right now. Looks like he drove from Seattle to California for a in-n-out burger, maybe something else as well. I think he's on his way back home.

HAHA, thanks for looking out for me Jason. As you mentioned we had quite a lengthy & brutal drive from Seattle to NorCal & back. The weather was mildly snowy & icy, but the drivers on the road made it seem worse than it really was.

We do now have a batch of 10 Slocum manuals. So far 2 are spoken for but not purchased yet. Get your order in today for pre-Christmas delivery. PM me your paypal address & I will send you an invoice.

Thanks for your patience!

Meotchh
12-13-2013, 09:13 PM
Darran,

Your book will ship out tomorrow. I didn't realize Canadian shipping was so damn expensive!

FoxBuddy
12-14-2013, 08:54 AM
Darran,

Your book will ship out tomorrow. I didn't realize Canadian shipping was so damn expensive!

Isn't that the truth! It kills so many eBay deals for me! I've bought a couple of die casts recently for my collection and got a decent price. Others want $20 to ship a single 1/64 car!! For a 99 cent item!! "eBay's Global Shipping Program" they say most of the time. It gives no options anymore. I would take letter post if I could but they want the trackability.

Thanks Mitch!

Ford Builder
12-14-2013, 02:11 PM
I can't wait to get my book.

MikeFleming
12-14-2013, 06:13 PM
It seems as though, over the last few years, Canada has gotten much farther away from the USA according to USPS.

Meotchh
12-14-2013, 06:55 PM
I can't wait to get my book.
Did you get the PP invoice yet?

Ford Builder
12-14-2013, 07:27 PM
Yes just got it, I have to upload some funds Pay pal takes their sweet time, sorry for the delay.