PDA

View Full Version : Front license plate bracket

Art Vandelay
09-28-2013, 05:58 AM
I just moved to a state where the front plate is required, so I need a bracket to put the plate on. Does anyone have a part number or source? I'm afraid the generic ones won't work well with the shape of the SVO bumper. There are already holes in the bumper cover. Thanks in advance.

bluemax
09-28-2013, 06:57 AM
I should have one, I need to check and make sure.

stockman1
09-28-2013, 08:54 AM
i just moved to a state where the front plate is required, so i need a bracket to put the plate on. Does anyone have a part number or source? I'm afraid the generic ones won't work well with the shape of the svo bumper. There are already holes in the bumper cover. Thanks in advance.license plate frame e2gz-17a387-a

FoxBuddy
09-28-2013, 10:35 AM
I just moved to a state where the front plate is required, so I need a bracket to put the plate on. Does anyone have a part number or source? I'm afraid the generic ones won't work well with the shape of the SVO bumper. There are already holes in the bumper cover. Thanks in advance.

We don't need to have them here, but when I bought my 86 it was missing. I got a correct one from another member here (who's also on FEP). I don't recall seeing the Ford part number on it. It fit the factory holes in the bumper cover though!

I had a metal frame off of a 79 Ghia and even though they look the same the hole spacing was incorrect.

Good luck!

bluemax
09-28-2013, 12:28 PM
license plate frame e2gz-17a387-a

That is the correct part number for the plastic frame, not the metal bracket that attaches to the bumper.

I do have a very nice bracket and frame available if interested just shoot me a PM.