PDA

View Full Version : Well, I thought I would remember where it went (Fuel Relay Wire Route)

Desert Patina
10-29-2013, 11:58 AM
Hello everyone.

My car used to not have a stereo or HVAC box. After some troubles with the car stalling randomly, I decided to rebuild the wiring harness.

The long and short of it is that now is the time to put it all together and I realize I have no idea where to route the three wires (red, yellow, tan/green) that go from the ECU to the Fuel Relay behind the dash.

Could anyone help me with where to route those three wires?

Do they attach just below the firewall/cowl joint? Do the attach to the back of the dash? Maybe they attach to the firewall or the dash bracing?

Anyone have any good ideas what to do to replace the white C-routing clips that do attach to the dash that have all shattered like a snail shell? Would wire ties and Command strips be too Donna Reed?

Thanks,

Kendal Coker
10-29-2013, 01:10 PM
It goes across the top of the dash from just above the computer to the drivers side kick panel where it plugs into the wires going to the rear of the car.

Desert Patina
10-29-2013, 01:46 PM
Thanks, so just to make sure I have it right, it actually attaches to the dash? If so, and it runs across the top, does it go in front or behind the defroster vent (assuming I'm looking at the back of the dash as it is removed from the car)?

Kendal Coker
10-29-2013, 03:03 PM
I t connects inside the black plastic rings just below the windshield. It does not connect to the dash. Here is a pic.

TheSVOTrust
10-29-2013, 04:40 PM
There is none of that fiberpacking in cars from AZ that have sat in the desert either !!! LOL

Mark
P.S. Remember YOU picked DesertPatina !

Desert Patina
10-29-2013, 08:32 PM
P.S. Remember YOU picked DesertPatina !

it chose me...

MikeFleming
10-30-2013, 06:24 AM
The power lock and power window harnesses, if so equipped, also follow that routing path.