PDA

View Full Version : Floors

rodster
12-12-2013, 06:35 AM
I know it may be hard to believe but these are the floors on my northeast 84 SVO w/ 98,xxx miles. Not bad from the land of rust! ;)

MikeFleming
12-12-2013, 10:26 AM
Not bad at all.

Be sure to do a very careful examination for cracks around the rear seat mounting holes/plates. VERY common there.

dagenham
12-12-2013, 04:11 PM
The floors seem to be made better or protected better than the older cars up here. The only floor problem I have had with any of our fox bodies is right where the front floor turns up to the toe board. There is a seam there where the toe board and the floor is spot welded together and there is a seam there for the dirt and moisture to collect.

rodster
12-12-2013, 07:34 PM
Not bad at all.

Be sure to do a very careful examination for cracks around the rear seat mounting holes/plates. VERY common there.

Thanks for the tip... I'll take a look. I know the front seat has the typical crack making the seat a rocker! ;)

The floors seem to be made better or protected better than the older cars up here. The only floor problem I have had with any of our fox bodies is right where the front floor turns up to the toe board. There is a seem there where the toe board and the floor is spot welded together and there is a seam there for the dirt and moisture to collect.

Agree 100%. My 83TC has the exact problem you describe even though the rest of the floor is pretty nice. When I was looking for patch panels in the junkyard, all the cars had the same issue. Luckily I found one with solid floors and then the junkyard dog running the loader almost ran one of the forks through it while lifting it. :mad:

k98dave
12-25-2013, 07:18 PM
I know it may be hard to believe but these are the floors on my northeast 84 SVO w/ 98,xxx miles. Not bad from the land of rust! ;)

That's really clean for a rust belt car. Not used much in winter months perhaps? Most rust I have seen on FOX cars is where the strut tower meets the frame rail as that's wide open in the wheel well.

rodster
12-26-2013, 08:47 AM
According to the PO, limited winter use. :like2:

Frame rails look good as well.

rodster
12-30-2013, 05:13 PM
Not bad at all.

I did a quick check today and it looks good but will do a more thorough inspection tomorrow.

While looking around I noticed these rivets. Only on the drivers side and appear to be 'factory'. Are these on all SVO's?

Thanks

rodster
01-05-2014, 07:28 AM
I'm riveted to my computer waiting for an answer. :D Nobody?

blueboss
01-06-2014, 10:53 AM
My guess is the rear seat reinforcement plate. Usually on the assembly line, they're spot welded to the floor pan but perhaps the machine missed it and during the "quality" inspection, it was identified and the rivets are the fix.

rodster
01-06-2014, 07:47 PM
I've since found a picture of another car with the rivets so I'm not alone. :D