PDA

View Full Version : Front seat mount covers

rodster
12-17-2013, 06:36 PM
These are for the one side on the front - not like the curved ones on the rear that are "handed" (Many cars are missing them) You would be surprised the amount of SVO's that have had, seats out, seats changed. I'm finding this out as I look for ONE driver side 84. (Might as well add the driver seat to the list of warn SVO parts on a driven car (with the steering wheel, shifter knob and petal pads) Mark

Figured I'd start a new thread......
Ahhh, the front! No wonder they didn't look familiar, I thought they were for the rear (of the front seat). Don't think my seats were ever out but I know I don't have these on the drivers side....will have to check the PS tomorrow.

Are we sure all cars got these? It wasn't an early/late thing?

Can anyone post a picture of the front covers installed?

TheSVOTrust
12-18-2013, 08:22 AM
OK (uncovered car took photo because you are wearing on me) ! READ: Think I'm starting to like you, seems you are a sponge for all things SVO. I keep reading "post photos of original cars" http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/svo2scj/photo2_zps77c3db84.jpg (http://s38.photobucket.com/user/svo2scj/media/photo2_zps77c3db84.jpg.html) Out of 7 photos this was the best (I suck at photos) http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/svo2scj/photo1_zps5fa03d48.jpg (http://s38.photobucket.com/user/svo2scj/media/photo1_zps5fa03d48.jpg.html) Mark

rodster
12-18-2013, 03:56 PM
Muchas gracias. :cool:

Checked my car and I do have a cover on the PS with one fastener like in your picture. I can see how they got lost. As soon as I touched it, it came loose. The fastener seems a bit small to hold it securely.

On a side note......

You found a few my many weaknesses. SVO's, original cars, and original SVO's! ;)

I've been on the SVO scene since they came out but didn't get my '84 until 1991. It was a daily driver, and I was involved with the SVO enthusiasts early on, then new jobs, working out of state, and finally transferring my plates to a father-son SVT Contour, the SVO took the back seat (even thought my interest never faded).

2013 and things have changed. I'm catching up and have more time to devote to my hobby so the SVO is dusted off and I'm picking up where I left off and learning many things I never knew. I was involved in some concours judging so now my eyes have been trained to look for details. (Can be good and bad :eek: )

Unfortunately my 84 is a 98,xxx mile car and should have everything freshened up but I'm trying to keep it from becoming a long term project, hence the reason I'm on here so much trying to get ideas.

Love that odometer shot! :like3:

TheSVOTrust
12-19-2013, 06:26 AM
You came into SVO the same time as many here. While they were 5 year old cars, nice ones like this were still expensive. This was especially if bought from original owner that loved, took care of and was doing a fire sale. I bought a number of cars from 91 to 95 and the price varied by condition. It seemed that once the original owner sold a car, IF it changed hands multiple times, wasn't maintained they went down fast. SVO's are not "do nothing commuter cars". MY guess is you took care of yours, just stopped driving because you knew you would get back to it. The fact that you came back to "revive it" says you liked it, what to drive it and insure you have a working asset. Mark P.S. You are also a great candidate for a 2015. In talking to Ford executives I reminded them that the re-release of the Boss 302 went to MANY current 69/70 Boss 302 owners! They need to be reminded that the SVO has a strong following still (compared to the 50/50 attitude inside the glass house) In that culture, when a HIGH ranking VP says "We don't need a money draining program, like the SVO again." No one defended, commented or challenged. So until someone shows them what you can do with the 400HP Ecoboost vs a V8 (Chevy, Mopar or FORD for that matter) SVO propagates as a "bad idea" from the 80's in many of the younger engineers. Some admit it's tech, design and substance was very advanced - but the way it was done (almost a skunk work project) can't happen inhouse. Mark P.S. That is one of the unfortunate realities of vendor component assembly. They make most of the profit but are chosen at the lowest cost per build unit. When you request ANYTHING special, retooled or retrofitted the price skyrockets, controllers get involved and ROI inventory reports trigger real time investigation. Can't hid anything anymore -EXCEPT your old cars!

rodster
12-19-2013, 06:47 AM
Yea I remember when I bought my car in '91 prices were all over the place. I had a folder with all kinds of listings at the time (Hemmings, etc) but think I tossed them out. :(

I paid $5K for mine back then w/ 73,xxx miles and in hindsight I probably could have found a nicer car if I extended my search a little further (found this one in my backyard!;) ) and was a little more patient. However, this car had a new turbo at 60,xxx miles and seemed to be mechanically maintained and was a good car to me so no complaints.

I recall looking at some cars and the original owners wanted big bucks, probably due to the fact they paid so much for it new. Doubt if these cars sold and who knows what ever happened to them?

The 2015 'SVO' would be interesting. It still sucks that the SVO's have a bad stigma attached to them when in reality they were so advanced and ahead of their time. After reading David LaRocque's book I get a much better understanding of what really sunk the SVO ship. Lots of factors, most of which were outside of the actual car itself. Some poor assumptions, and bad timing....

Don't know what Ford will do for 2015, doubt if they will revive the SVO name tho'.

In reality, our 84-86 SVO's will most likely never reach Boss fame but that's OK. I like it for what it is and enjoy owning something I can enjoy driving (hopefully soon!)

Rod