PDA

View Full Version : Carlisle all Ford Nationals

dagenham
12-18-2013, 01:47 PM
I submitted pictures of my '84 9w to Carlisle events for the invitationals and got accepted for the 50 years of Mustang display that is going to be under a tent. Not sure exactly where the tent will be though. I was hoping for something in one of the buildings, but what the hey. I am getting in for free for a change so I wont complain.:)

TheSVOTrust
12-18-2013, 02:09 PM
Tent in Carlisle is like "princess parking at the mall" ! First in, last out. LOL Mark P.S When it rains (READ - not IF IT RAINS) means you can't get out of the mud pit.

dagenham
12-18-2013, 02:42 PM
I cant argue with that. And you are absolutely 100% correct, not if but when it rains. But at least I wont have to dry off the car afterwards.

rodster
12-18-2013, 04:12 PM
Congratulations! :cool:

Don't worry, it doesn't always rain for Carlisle, but if it does, hopefully you don't have the tent in the middle of the picture! :eek:

Post up a picture of your car so we know what to look for. ;)

dagenham
12-18-2013, 05:15 PM
Here it is. Took the pics on a cloudy day. Car looks so much nicer in bright sunlight.

Cant seem to get the pics to work for me.

rodster
12-19-2013, 06:21 AM
Quit your teasing! :stick_poke:

;)

How are you trying to attach the picture???

JTurbo
12-19-2013, 06:13 PM
Congrats on getting accepted for the display!

JT

escogt
12-19-2013, 07:16 PM
Congrats on getting accepted for the display!

JT

X2!! Quite the honor to represent the Mustang SVO.

dagenham
12-19-2013, 08:04 PM
Ok, here you go. I was having a brain fart last night.

rodster
12-19-2013, 09:17 PM
Very nice clean car! :like3:

Thanks for the pictures....

dagenham
12-20-2013, 01:59 PM
Thanks guys. I looked at the list of cars so far, and there are not any other SVO's as of yet.
I was talking about making up a sign board, so it looks like I should get busy on that. I "only" have six months to get it done.

rodster
12-20-2013, 08:12 PM
I think that's a good idea. Might be nice to put some SVO history and/or production numbers to help educate the viewing public.

I enjoy the show boards that give some facts about the model of the car as opposed to obvious information about the particular car. ( red, 4 wheels, sunroof, etc etc) ;)

Maybe you can get some ideas here:

http://www.customshowboards.com/

dagenham
12-21-2013, 11:09 AM
I think that's a good idea. Might be nice to put some SVO history and/or production numbers to help educate the viewing public.

I enjoy the show boards that give some facts about the model of the car as opposed to obvious information about the particular car. ( red, 4 wheels, sunroof, etc etc) ;)

Maybe you can get some ideas here:

http://www.customshowboards.com/
Exactly what I was thinking too. People can see what color it is, just give info about the model of car as a whole.

Chuck
12-21-2013, 01:12 PM
I've got a MS Word file that has my show board loaded in it. PM me your email and I'll send it to you. Maybe I can post it here...

rodster
12-21-2013, 05:15 PM
Exactly what I was thinking too. People can see what color it is, just give info about the model of car as a whole.

:like2:

Yea, probably a lots of Ford don't know a lot of details about the car. By now most forgot it's the first Mustang with 4 wheel disc brakes. ;)

dagenham
12-22-2013, 07:12 PM
I've got a MS Word file that has my show board loaded in it. PM me your email and I'll send it to you. Maybe I can post it here...
Thanks, but I was talking about doing this a few months ago and you sent it to me then. So I already have it. I think I will try something very similar for my car.

Chuck
12-22-2013, 08:44 PM
I think I will try something very similar for my car.

Keep us informed, maybe we can come up with a standard format.

dagenham
12-23-2013, 05:48 PM
Keep us informed, maybe we can come up with a standard format.

I was kinda wondering about that too. Should we get all our heads together and come up with something that we could put on here as a sticky?? Maybe set it up so we could print it out or send it to a staples etc. to print up on a board.
I'm not computer smart enough to set it up like that.

dagenham
03-23-2014, 03:24 PM
I was kinda wondering about that too. Should we get all our heads together and come up with something that we could put on here as a sticky?? Maybe set it up so we could print it out or send it to a staples etc. to print up on a board.
I'm not computer smart enough to set it up like that.
Hey guys, still thinking about this, anyone else??

stockman1
03-23-2014, 04:25 PM
Hey guys, still thinking about this, anyone else??when is it?

rodster
03-23-2014, 05:59 PM
The show is June 6th to the 8th.

http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlisle-events/carlisle-ford-nationals/default.aspx

(http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlisle-events/carlisle-ford-nationals/default.aspx)
I can probably put together some SVO 'highlights' that would be interesting to include on a show board.

Did anyone ever get Chuck's MS word file?

dagenham
03-25-2014, 12:31 PM
Yes I have it.
I started something this past weekend, but I didnt get too far with it.

rodster
03-25-2014, 07:22 PM
Post what you have so far as a starting point, I'm sure folks aren't too shy here to give a few opinions. ;)

Kendal Coker
03-26-2014, 04:15 AM
I am now thinking of going. I just saw where Don Nicholsons boss 429 (sohc 427) cougar is going to be there. Got to see it.

TheSVOTrust
03-26-2014, 04:26 AM
Ed (Meyers) and the car will be at both Carlisle and Charlotte. In Carlisle I think the "old dealer building" outside gate #1 will house the display "significant Mustangs". In Charlotte Ed (and Marcus) are putting together ONE of every performance Mustang from 64 to 71. While PA won't be as big it will be a good year to be in PA in June! Mark P.S. Activities in MI are coming together with events in July and Aug (as well as two track events - hint hint)

Sick Puppy
03-29-2014, 05:35 PM
I'll be there with my 'ratty' '86 2R driver, got my room reserved. :D
I'd like to bring the drag car but I'm not ready to tow it down yet. :(
Do we (SVOCOP) have a spot? I'd rather park there than at the 'other' place. ;)

I'm trying to get a TurboFord block of rooms, hopefully I'm not too late.
I'll post the info here or a link to TurboFord too if I'm succesful.

Paul

Dale, congrats on being chosen for the display. Let me know if I can help when we get there.

Kendal, hope you can make it, I'd like to meet you and BS.

Mark, will I see you again? Been a looong time. Are you bringing the 'parts' box?

Rod, I don't believe I've met you, see you there?

SVO4PWR2
03-29-2014, 05:52 PM
I'll be there with my 'ratty' '86 2R driver, got my room reserved.
Hoodless? Cause you could stop by and we can fix ya up!

Kendal, hope you can make it, I'd like to meet you and BS.
If he does make it up and can take you to his favorite place with a singing waitress!

-RICH-

Sick Puppy
03-29-2014, 08:39 PM
I don't know about hoodless Rich. You know it will rain at least once, after all it is Ford Carlisle...lol

Do I really want to know about the singing waitress???

Kendal Coker
03-30-2014, 04:56 AM
I don't know about hoodless Rich. You know it will rain at least once, after all it is Ford Carlisle...lol

Do I really want to know about the singing waitress???

You would think someone singing at Olive Garden would know some Bon Jovi songs. I think she quit after we left.

rodster
03-30-2014, 08:56 PM
Rod, I don't believe I've met you, see you there?

I'll be there, haven't missed it in years. :cool: Not sure if I'll bring the SVO or another Ford. :confused:

I met you many years ago and we had a brief conversation but it's been a long time and I'm boring so you probably don't remember. ;)

TheSVOTrust
03-31-2014, 10:32 AM
You would think someone singing at Olive Garden would know some Bon Jovi songs. I think she quit after we left.
Thursday Night - McKay's Cave (East of Gate 4) I promise you will hear "hot rod Lincoln" (ME) and some guy that ALWAYS sings Hungry Like the Wolf - Duran Duran every year ! LOL Mark P.S. We should sing tenor - "ten or" eleven miles away !

Sick Puppy
05-08-2014, 12:48 PM
Only a month left guys! Who else is planning on going?
I've got the 2R almost ready, should make the trip ok.
Got the 'must have' spare parts ready.
AAA Plus is a beautiful thing...lol
And of course my list of TF/SVOCOP/NATO phone numbers. ;)

SVO4PWR2
05-08-2014, 04:20 PM
Its been a long winter and a crappy spring.

I'll see how the weather is before i book. I might hit for a day.

-RICH-

MikeFleming
05-08-2014, 05:02 PM

"It's not a tumor."

Tonys 85.5
05-09-2014, 05:05 AM
This will be my first time bringing a car to Carlisle. I am already registered. my question is will all the SVO's be together in the same location?
Thanks

dznj
05-09-2014, 05:46 AM
I'm in for Saturday with my 85.5 1B.

D

SVO4PWR2
05-09-2014, 08:09 AM
my question is will all the SVO's be together in the same location?

They usually put all three years in one class, 84 - 86 stock /modified SVO

hth
-RICH-

ps I think it is a tumor 'cause i put so much money into it and it hasn't gone away :p

SVOBoyd
05-12-2014, 11:40 AM
I'd definitely like to go. What hotel are people staying in?

Sick Puppy
05-12-2014, 01:05 PM
I'd definitely like to go. What hotel are people staying in?

Boyd, I'm staying at the Days Inn South on Alexander Spring Rd, it's the hotel that the NATO guys stay at.

I usually get a block of rooms under the TurboFord/SVO name, but unfortunately I procrastinated this year and didn't get it done. :( My bad...

I don't know if there are rooms left, you would have to call and ask. (717)258-4147

Paul

Worst case, there is the 'floor people' option. ;) Someting GGG taught me years ago...

Jack B
05-16-2014, 11:46 AM
Will be there but not showing due to getting caught up in the Boport debacle. (Seriously delayed my rebuild)

Hope to show at Fun Ford.

Sick Puppy
05-31-2014, 10:23 AM
The 2R is ready...

My 'roomie' backed out of going. Anyone planning on attending need a place to stay?
Looking for someone to share the room.

Sick Puppy
06-14-2014, 02:32 PM
Link to link of pictures...

Dale's car is in the '50 Years of Mustang' album.

http://forum.turboford.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=000717;p=1#000000