PDA

View Full Version : Obsoleted Parts List. If you need one of these you may have troube,



Bob Holmes
01-02-2012, 03:42 PM
I thought I'd start a list of the things that we know are obsoleted, and possible replacement options. I ran into one more this weekend.

We know the Aux shaft is no longer made by Ford, Esslinger makes billet replacement.
If you don get a hold of a NOS Aux shaft, be aware that it does not come with the "cam dowel pin." So don't chuck the bad aux shaft without taking out the pin.
Ford has obsoleted the part, and all though its listed as a 1/4-5/16ths dowel, its not. Because its a press fit its slightly larger. Ask me how I know!!

Anyhow, the Ford dealer states that they are obsolete, he then searched dealerships for any stock. We found some in Escalon, CA, so they were ordered. Curiously, the larges cache was at a dealership in North Dakota...23 in stock.

MikeFleming
01-02-2012, 04:37 PM
I have five (NOS) aux shafts in stock. Sans the dowel, as you know.

8T6 SVO
01-03-2012, 09:45 PM
I've got a NOS one!

Bob Holmes
01-04-2012, 04:33 PM
I've got a NOS one!

SO DO I!

Oops, so do I!

Other obsolete parts list...c'mon guys list some other obsolete parts.

Patrick
01-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Oil supply line. Some guy we know made a teflon/braided stainless replacement.

MikeFleming
01-04-2012, 05:25 PM
I think I still have two NOS oil feed tubes somewhere.

Patrick
01-10-2012, 03:06 PM
T-3 Turbo gaskets. Fel Pro replacement numbers:

Embossed manifold to turbo gasket: 2603

oil return 1: 92622
oil return 2: 93848

turbo to throttle (T-Bird, non SVO): 92960

air inlet connector:93980

Complete set above: ES72811

Amazon and Rockauto have the set listed at fair prices. 5 or 6 bucks plus shipping, or a bit more with free shipping.

Patrick
05-17-2012, 07:00 PM
Front lower control arm bushings.(obviously, since there are no upper control arms!)
--------------------Spicer------------Moog---------M/N------------TRW
(the larger one) -565-1171-------K-8807-------FB-712----------12648
(the smaller one) 565-1047------ K-8512-------FB-417/580----12356-12583

Becools
05-25-2012, 08:53 AM
Heres a link to some obsolete mustang svo parts. http://clubs.hemmings.com/svooa/obsolete.html

Becools
05-25-2012, 08:58 AM
Oh, and if you are switching to the cobra brakes in the rear. Some people say svo ebrake cables work, but not in my case? Heres the part number for the cable. It's obsolete now as well.
Ford Racing M-2809-A.

dagenham
06-03-2012, 04:32 PM
I dont know if this should count yet, but I was told they are going to stop making the inner parking lights also.
That info came from Fox resto this weekend at the All Ford Nationals in Carlisle.

mrzw70
08-06-2012, 02:09 PM
Exhaust manifold bolts and stud/bolt are both obsoleted as I've found out while searching. Mark (SvoTrust) says that stud-tite sells a suitable replacement. Just an FYI.

Bob Holmes
08-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the additons, guys! :like2:

Chalky
08-09-2012, 09:50 AM
Not obsolete, yet, but if you want to pay $8 dollars instead of $55 for the genuine article, the last one of which lasted only 18 months, order ATP part # FX-256 from Rock Auto. Fit just fine and works as required.

Patrick
08-09-2012, 01:41 PM
1279

Tie rod end boot replacement 913101G:
Also notice the sway bar bushing mod for lowered cars.

Ethans84
09-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Who makes the tie rod and control arm bushings now?

Meotchh
09-14-2012, 10:16 PM
Who makes the tie rod and control arm bushings now?

Still made by Energy. The control arm bushings are for an early 70's Chevy pickup truck.