View Full Version : 1986 Fuel Pump wiring
vrinner
03-26-2014, 08:43 PM
So where does the wiring for the fuel pump on an 86 come from?
I believe there is a relay under the drivers seat.
What I need to know is when you turn they key on, where is the path for the wire the turns on the pump lead to the relay?
Meotchh
03-26-2014, 10:19 PM
IIRC, there is a relay by the ecu too. If I'm wrong, Fleming will be banned.
vrinner
03-27-2014, 12:36 PM
IIRC, there is a relay by the ecu too. If I'm wrong, Fleming will be banned.
Any specifics on wire color off the top of your head?
The wiring on this car is a mess and any help is better than nothing...so I guess the Mike is off the hook for being banned...for now.
MikeFleming
03-27-2014, 01:38 PM
Read post 15 for word details and 16 for EEC & FP relay wiring diagram:
http://www.svocop.com/forum/showthread.php?1059-Need-help-from-the-SVO-masters-of-knowledge
vrinner
03-27-2014, 10:36 PM
Thanks Mike...that post lead me in the right direction.
Still after looking under the seat for the fuel pump relay I took a quickly look and said oh yeah, there it is. Then went on for another hour trying to figure out every other area that the issue could be, swapping computers, grounding wires and such.
Then after really looking at the relay I realized there wasn't a relay, the aftermarket computer was hard wired to the pump...Doh...
Now the pump turns on but I have bigger issues I'll talk about in another thread.
Thanks again for the help!
6679
Meotchh
04-07-2014, 10:43 PM
Thanks Mike...that post lead me in the right direction.
Still after looking under the seat for the fuel pump relay I took a quickly look and said oh yeah, there it is. Then went on for another hour trying to figure out every other area that the issue could be, swapping computers, grounding wires and such.
Then after really looking at the relay I realized there wasn't a relay, the aftermarket computer was hard wired to the pump...Doh...
Now the pump turns on but I have bigger issues I'll talk about in another thread.
Thanks again for the help!
6679
Vince, are you sure the AEM ECU was hardwired to the pump? Even most aftermarket ECUs require a relay in line for high current devices like fans & pumps.
vrinner
04-08-2014, 06:20 AM
Well...let me say it was wired directly to where the relay would have been plugged into...see pic above. as soon as I pulled this wire (from the AEM ECU) and then put the relay in there the stock ECU turned on the pump. The pump is now running.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.5 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions Inc. All rights reserved.