PDA

View Full Version : Interior Screw Set

Mallethead
03-30-2015, 04:19 AM
Friends,
There is a gent on ebay selling screw sets for the 79-86 Hatchbacks. I inquired if he had a set for an SVO and he said he believes they are the same. Makes sense to me but I wanted to check with the experts before I spend $35.00 on 94 screws. My grandson decided to play in my tool box and all of my neatly labeled and freshly painted interior screws are now a jumbled mess and all over the place.

Oh the joys of the toddler years!

The gent on ebay goes by the handle grnds4dvrce and is selling 94 interior screws for $35.00 and free shipping. Please let me know if you think it is a decent deal and if they will/should fit. Thanks as always!

MikeFleming
03-30-2015, 05:44 AM
I would expect them to be the same in 95%+ cases between an SVO and other Fox hatch of same era. Many, many moons ago I ordered assorted interior screw/fastener kits from LMR and still have many items sitting in a box somewhere. Some of the screw kits come with the associated spring plates that the screw threads into.

You're welcome to my collection if you have a need for them. Pay for shipping.

bluemax
03-30-2015, 07:51 AM
Curious as to how "correct" the various screws in the kit are. For example, many of the oem interior screws are "self tapping" (i.e. door sill plate, rear hatch panels, etc), but I noticed that the screws in the kit are not.

Obviously once installed, the self tapping tip of the screw is no longer visible... just curious.

Meotchh
04-01-2015, 05:16 PM
I would expect them to be the same in 95%+ cases between an SVO and other Fox hatch of same era. Many, many moons ago I ordered assorted interior screw/fastener kits from LMR and still have many items sitting in a box somewhere. Some of the screw kits come with the associated spring plates that the screw threads into.

You're welcome to my collection if you have a need for them. Pay for shipping.

I can send you a shipping label if you can drop the package off at a FedEx location.

MikeFleming
04-01-2015, 06:58 PM
I can send you a shipping label if you can drop the package off at a FedEx location. I am a Fedex daily pickup location.

Meotchh
04-02-2015, 07:39 AM
I am a Fedex daily pickup location.

I'll try to get a label emailed out to you later today.

MikeFleming
04-02-2015, 08:46 AM
I'll try to get a label emailed out to you later today. Why??