PDA

View Full Version : Pony Only Show Prescott Az.

BLK BRD 88
10-06-2015, 09:14 PM
We took our 84 to our annual "Pony Only Show" last Saturday to see if we could sell it since we have lost our garage spaces now that our home in Phoenix is sold.
I was surprised when someone handed me an SVO Club of Pat card and introduced the man with him as Pat.
I knew this Pat looked kind of familiar, but it took my foggy old brain a while to realize that he was none other than the clubs namesake.

Welcome to Prescott AZ. Pat, it was good to meet you and chat about our cars. We're glad to add you in with the other thousands of Californians who are migrating to our little mountain city.

Ron

MikeFleming
10-07-2015, 05:27 AM
We should start a "Pat Spotting" thread.

Meotchh
10-07-2015, 07:15 AM
Would that be anything like Train Spotting?

Desert Patina
10-07-2015, 07:25 AM
I have a buyer looking for an SVO in Phoenix, he's looking for something pretty stock looking and clean / no rust. Would your 84 fit that?

BLK BRD 88
10-08-2015, 08:45 AM
I have a buyer looking for an SVO in Phoenix, he's looking for something pretty stock looking and clean / no rust. Would your 84 fit that?

Ours came originally from Costa Mesa Ca. & has a couple of spots of rust at the bottom or the hatch window from salt air I guess. I have found no sign of rust anywhere else on the car. When I pulled the carpet to steam clean it a couple of years ago I found a few cracks in the floorboard that I patched, but no rust.
The car was totalled & repainted after a small underhood fire, so it now has a rebuilt title.
I am asking $3750 for it.
Ron

MikeFleming
10-08-2015, 08:52 AM
... has a couple of spots of rust at the bottom or the hatch window ... I don't recall ever seeing a 20yo+ Fox hatch at that didn't have rust there. Salt or not.

BLK BRD 88
10-08-2015, 03:29 PM
Yeah Mike,
I am sure you are right, but I wanted to relay what the previous owner told me about why a virtually rust free southern Ca. car would have rust in that one spot.

This car had a 12 year time out, and then years later, an 8 year rest. The first time it was parked in a garage, & the second time it was parked under a cedar tree. That is why it has such low miles I guess.
Ron

PS the Craigslist ad can be fond here:
http://prescott.craigslist.org/cto/5249094409.html

BLK BRD 88
11-01-2015, 12:13 PM
SVO is sold