Log in

View Full Version : PE Pin 30 ?



Sick Puppy
11-20-2015, 09:05 PM
I’ve got everything I need to put my spare PE into the GT Turbo ‘vert this winter. Of course that’s after I replace the leaky heater core…L

I’ve been studying the wiring diagrams and noticed the regular/premium switch goes to pin 30 which is the neutral safety switch in my GT.
What is the recommended solution if I want to keep the regular/premium feature?
I’m not concerned with the neutral switch, I’m not senile enough yet to forget to push the clutch in when I start the car…lol

Thanks, Paul

MikeFleming
11-21-2015, 07:59 AM
You should "convert" your wiring to match the way the PE is expecting it to be. Do you have a copy of the 1984 SVO Supplement manual? It has the Unleaded/Premium fuel system wiring diagram (with 2 relays, iirc). I have one, but it's in a box somewhere not to be seen for another month or two.

One of the relays works on the boost output signal from the [PE-class] EEC to the BCS. If you don't have a EBCS installed, then you won't need to worry about this.