PDA

View Full Version : AC Heat Controller

MSheff
05-23-2016, 06:46 PM
My blower motor comes on only when my selector (Defrost/Mix/Floor/Vent/etc.) is in the position shown in the picture. Anywhere else and the fan stops. So I suspect that selector would turn off the fan if the selector was all the way down in the Off position. So some switching of some sort is taking place through the selector somehow. Anybody have any ideas? Fixable?

Meotchh
05-24-2016, 08:56 PM
Are there any splices in the harness or loose wires at the plugs?
If not, try using some contact cleaner on the switches & cycling the switches.

dagenham
05-26-2016, 02:52 AM
Like Meotech said. Is there any loose wires or splices?? Almost all of the controls are vacuum operated so there isn't too much electrical to go wrong.

MSheff
11-25-2018, 01:26 PM
This is a really late follow up, but wanted complete the thread. I took the controller out and the housing was cracked. As I moved controller up or down, it was not making contact. Squeezed it together and held together with some epoxy. All is good now.

KevinK
11-25-2018, 07:27 PM
This is a really late follow up, but wanted complete the thread. I took the controller out and the housing was cracked. As I moved controller up or down, it was not making contact. Squeezed it together and held together with some epoxy. All is good now.

Yes, that’s a common problem with the ac cars. The sliding block falls apart. It would be nice if a repair kit was invented. The controls were going for $150. Now headed for $200+