PDA

View Full Version : Fuzzy Panels

Sick Puppy
08-19-2016, 10:23 AM
I just picked up a nice set of fuzzy panels and I want to clean them without destroying them.
What is the best way to do this and what do I use for cleaner?

Thanks, Paul

Meotchh
08-19-2016, 12:04 PM
Send them to me & I will take care of them :stick_poke:.

Seriously, it will depend on what needs to be cleaned off. A damp paper towel blotting the area will do the least amount of damage. Any rubbing will remove some of the fuzz.

Sick Puppy
08-19-2016, 12:17 PM
Thanks Mitch, no stains or goop on them, just dusty/dirty. I didn't know if someone has come up with a 'magic' solution to clean them.

Stop over and show me how you do it and we can talk about a deal...I'll throw some beers in the cooler..;-)

brsvo
08-19-2016, 12:51 PM
That would be an expensive beer!

Meotchh
08-19-2016, 10:42 PM
Thanks Mitch, no stains or goop on them, just dusty/dirty. I didn't know if someone has come up with a 'magic' solution to clean them.

Stop over and show me how you do it and we can talk about a deal...I'll throw some beers in the cooler..;-)

How bout you meet me part of the way. I'll be in Norfolk, VA next week. Stop on by.

Sick Puppy
08-19-2016, 10:54 PM
All right, you got me...lol
What brings you to my side of the country?
There are lots of TFers in that area, don't know if any are SVOCOP guys too.

Meotchh
08-19-2016, 10:55 PM
You should be able to get by with a very soft clean brush (make up brush works good) & light compressed air, cans of compressed air at partial blast without the straw.

majestic
04-07-2017, 12:37 PM
You should be able to get by with a very soft clean brush (make up brush works good) & light compressed air, cans of compressed air at partial blast without the straw.

Is anyone reflocking these things?

dagenham
04-18-2017, 02:43 AM
Is anyone reflocking these things?
Not that I've seen. I didn't own as have several others on here I believe. Not too difficult to do but a little messy. Not expensive either.

brsvo
04-19-2017, 06:29 PM
majestic you can reflock your own.
http://www.mikemartinelli.com/index.php?p=news&title=Mustang+SVO+fuzzy+dash+panel+refurbish

majestic
04-20-2017, 06:25 AM
majestic you can reflock your own.
http://www.mikemartinelli.com/index.php?p=news&title=Mustang+SVO+fuzzy+dash+panel+refurbish

I actually used to have the kit and fibers several years ago, but I never got around to reflocking anything. I might try again. I was kind
of hoping someone with recent success was doing these.

8T6 SVO
05-12-2017, 07:27 PM
Pat-in-LA has the material to reflock these, but I think he has been too busy being retired to catch up with all the things he need to get done before he fades away to figure this one out...:cool: I gave him all the stuff at his recommendation (perfect match in my opinion) 7 years ago. Maybe he will get the itch to do it soon. :stick_poke::stick_poke:. Like Pat, I never got around to it. There are perfect match products out there - trial and error.

Meotchh
05-14-2017, 06:02 PM
I'm sitting at his place right now. He has the stuff but it is somewhere between Prescott & Sunland. We need to do more poking to get him motivated to find the stuff. Give me or Pat a call before 9AM Tuesday Greg.

Pat-in-LA has the material to reflock these, but I think he has been too busy being retired to catch up with all the things he need to get done before he fades away to figure this one out...:cool: I gave him all the stuff at his recommendation (perfect match in my opinion) 7 years ago. Maybe he will get the itch to do it soon. :stick_poke::stick_poke:. Like Pat, I never got around to it. There are perfect match products out there - trial and error.

majestic
05-16-2017, 11:58 AM
Ordered everything today.

majestic
05-25-2017, 02:48 PM
Here they are, turned out pretty nice. Steering wheel is next.

Why do these upload upside down?

MikeFleming
05-25-2017, 03:00 PM
Edited pics. Rotated, brightened a bit.

I do not recommend fuzzy-ing your steering wheel. Just sayin!

majestic
05-25-2017, 03:35 PM
You are a funny guy, Mike. Craft should have the recovered wheel here next week. Thanks for fixing the pictures. Motor stuff should be starting in a month, or so.

dagenham
05-30-2017, 04:44 PM
They came out pretty nice looking. I told you it was easy. :)

majestic
06-02-2017, 12:34 PM
And you were correct, sir! $26 bucks invested.

DaveS
06-25-2017, 03:18 PM
And you were correct, sir! $26 bucks invested.

Looks nice! Did you go with the Charcoal Gray color?

majestic
06-26-2017, 10:21 AM
Looks nice! Did you go with the Charcoal Gray color?

Yes. I ordered everything from the site in the link.