PDA

View Full Version : door jamb rot



scenario
03-25-2022, 07:49 AM
This is my 86 SVO. I have developed some rust/rot in this area. I want to weld in a new panel but they dont seem to make patch panels for Fox Mustangs for this part of the car. I was wondering if anyone knows of repair panels for this area? If not I guess I need to find it from a donor car...

I am surprised that the panels are not out there in abundance.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I had no prob finding any and all sheet metal for my old chevy pickups (48 + 56) and thought the Fox bodies would be easy as well

10155

Meotchh
04-18-2022, 07:55 PM
Frank your best bet is to find a donor car, unless you are capable of forming your own patch panel. Is there any rust in the rocker or inside of that door jam? You might want to remove the lower rocker trim to check for further rot in that rocker panel.