PDA

View Full Version : 1985.5-1986 flushmount headlights,seals,brackets,Buckets wanted please

Tman
06-03-2012, 06:34 AM
Hello Gentlemen,
I have a 1984 svo that i have owned for 12years and i want to now convert to
the flushmount headlights, any information or leads would be appreciated.
regards,
Travis

Patrick
06-03-2012, 08:33 AM
G'day! Are you looking for new or used (and what kind of shape?)?

Please post a few pics of your car in the Welcome area. We have two Aussies in our group already who would love to see them, Chalky and his dad Ivan.

Chalky
06-04-2012, 06:52 AM
G'day Trav!!! Nice to hear from you mate. I am one of said Aussie's, Dad still lives in Perth but I'm over in Portland, OR. Would love to see some pics of your car and hear a little about your history with the car. There are only two SVO's that I know of in Oz, the other is a red (2R) 85.5 which I think is now in Tawoomba.

As for your headlight conversion........the lights are available new as reproductions, the seals are not being reproduced. The mounting brackets are easier to find but I doubt you'll find new ones. Also, the plug for the lights themselves are different on an 84 compared to and 85.5-86 so you'll have to make an adaptor.

Are you converting for asthethics or functionality?? On my 84 I swapped the standard sealed beams with a Hella conversion kit and then fitted GTS headlight covers. Give the look (kinda sorta) of flush mount lights without having to all the super rare parts but also better lighting due to the glass lenses. Check it out here, i think mine was $100-120 and you can put in any 9003 bulb you like.

http://www.myhellalights.com/index.php/default/upgrades-and-accessories/sealed-beam-conversion-headlamps/vision-plus-conversion-headlamp/

Robertosvo
06-13-2012, 08:46 AM
Travis I have the parts you are looking for....I dont know the condition of them I think iirc I polished the lenses before putting them away....but that was approx 5 years ago.
I will dig them out and have a look at them and take some pictures.
I would rather you not get them from ....That Guy

Chalky
06-13-2012, 09:08 AM
Travis, Rob, if this works out lemme know. The "olds" are visiting from Perth and may have some case room. They could ship 'em from Perth And save you a few $$'s!!!!

Robertosvo
06-13-2012, 10:56 AM
Well I did some digging and came up with most:( of the stuff......I have the backing plates and rubber seals but no luck on the lenses
I did however find out that my box marked SVO lights only contained outer marker lights...I know I had some lights where are they?????
I will keep looking
Anyone have extra lights to help this guy out?? I have the other stuff

Tman
06-13-2012, 05:16 PM
Well I did some digging and came up with most:( of the stuff......I have the backing plates and rubber seals but no luck on the lenses
I did however find out that my box marked SVO lights only contained outer marker lights...I know I had some lights where are they?????
I will keep looking
Anyone have extra lights to help this guy out?? I have the other stuff
Rob, thanks a bunch, ill just buy the new headlights and i already have new inner and outer lights.
Please let me know what you would like for them?
You wouldnt happen to have the pigtails?
very happy mate, thanks
Travis F

Robertosvo
06-20-2012, 10:16 AM
The Seals, brackets and associated hardware are on the way down unda !

Tman
06-25-2012, 07:48 AM
The Seals, brackets and associated hardware are on the way down unda !

Thanks a heap buddy, im like a kid waiting for santa......