PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable clutch cable

SvoRoLo
06-10-2012, 03:27 PM
My clutch cable is stretching out so I was wondering what you guys use for adjustable clutch cables on our svos.

MikeFleming
06-10-2012, 03:29 PM
If it's actually stretching that probably means one of the ends is pulling out or the pivot it goes in is wearing. Time to replace some parts.

Patrick
06-10-2012, 03:39 PM
Did you try to adjust the cable yet (using the foot method pulling up on the pedal)?

Bob Holmes
06-10-2012, 06:59 PM
I've had a plastic quadrant wear out, making it incapable of responding to the foot method. In that case, I had to reach up under the dash and trip the pawll with a screwdriver. Still worked to adjust as needed.

MAPSVO
06-11-2012, 01:52 AM
I install a triple hook aluminum quadrant and a firewall adjuster, have used this on several turbo cars with good results. There is plenty of adjustment available.

beeker
06-11-2012, 09:53 AM
I have found that most of the triple hooks don't quite line up on the SVO and I experienced cable wear except for the Granetelli one.
shimming the other ones with washers works tho.

SvoRoLo
06-17-2012, 08:14 PM
I have some play at the pedal and I already tried adjusting it manually,but all those parts are old and I have bad luck with old stuff. I just wanted to see what you guys use as far as aftermarkets cables/quadrants that work with our cars? I remember reading that some 5.0 quadrant worked but I forgot who sells the firewall adjusted cable for our svos?

I also just wanted to add... not being picky or anything, but it would be nice to have a transmission section on here to.

Patrick
06-17-2012, 08:35 PM
I also just wanted to add... not being picky or anything, but it would be nice to have a transmission section on here to.

We can do that. Don't forget to look at the tech stuff on the main SVOCOP.COM page as well. Some tranny stuff may be there. We're more than just a forum!

Raven855
06-18-2012, 05:41 AM
What information are you looking for specifically right now. Overhaul info? Dog bone? Ratios and rear gears? Changing fluid? Fluid types and capacities? Clutches? Aluminum flywheels? Aluminum driveshafts? Maintanence procedures? Replacing the aluminum bearing? Shifters?

Bob Holmes
06-18-2012, 12:54 PM
What information are you looking for specifically right now. Overhaul info? Dog bone? Ratios and rear gears? Changing fluid? Fluid types and capacities? Clutches? Aluminum flywheels? Aluminum driveshafts? Maintanence procedures? Replacing the aluminum bearing? Shifters?

All of it and then some!!!!!!!!