PDA

View Full Version : front bumper

keith84svo
06-11-2012, 05:31 PM
What other year front bumpers can I put on my 84 svo. My current one is not fixable. Looks like the previous owner got air born at some point. I like the four eyes ones.

Thanks all.

MikeFleming
06-11-2012, 08:07 PM
Anything from a Fox will fit. The 89+ ones area lightweight fiberglass (that has no gel-coat so wear disposal gloves to handle them!) work well but are ~1.5" shorter than the stock SVO stamped steel one. So you will need to make some spacers and use longer bolts to attach them to the bumper shocks. The front shelf of the bumper cover rests on that inner bumper so it's not a good idea to leave too much of a gap between the inside of hte cover to the actual bumper - the cover can easily be destroyed with a slight bumping rear-ender.

Oh, and always replace the f/glass bumper from ANY impact. The steel ones live forever, unless they're really mangled.

Robertosvo
06-11-2012, 08:24 PM
I like the four eyes ones.

Are you referring to the bumper cover or the actual bumper behind the cover?

AKA BB
08-19-2012, 04:15 AM
are the SVO bumper covers still available?
If so Where. I should have bought one years ago, but i forgot.. Mines not trashed but a newer one would be nice.

indysvodave
08-20-2012, 05:56 PM
Late Model Restoration had them in the catalog at one time, but I don't see them on their site. Might be worth a call.

MIKE'SVO
08-24-2012, 09:45 AM
I think the ones that were from Ford Original Tooling have now become obsolete.