PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Inner Fender

grntRUDD13
06-23-2012, 08:51 PM
So on a recent trip to colorado, I managed to hit road debris (read: a part of someone's P.O.S. car that was disentigrating as it drove down the highway) and it tore up the plastic inner fender pretty bad, and caused to to deform at highway speeds and rub on the tire. Even though I pulled over and inspected the damage, it didn't seem like it could bend enough to do that. Apparently it could. Regardless, it's now toast toast. I had to cut away melted sections to get home. Now that I have time to repair it, it's really bugging me. My question is does anyone repro these? Either way, does anyone where I could buy one? It's the drivers side one that's all screwed up. I tried searching, but came up with nothing. Even on E-bay... Latemodel has the hardware, but not the actual part, adding to my frustration. Are the regular fox body parts close enough to work on an SVO without being too noticeable? Any help would be appreciated though. Thanks.

MikeFleming
06-23-2012, 08:59 PM
The regular Fox ones won't fit the same around the front fender/bumper cover extension area as that area is quite different between the SVO and non-SVO Fox bodies.

Good news is that I have a pair that I never re-installed onto my red car when I painted it a few years back. Don't think I'll ever use them again - they're not red! Bad news is they're rather large to ship - don't weigh much until they get packed into a box.

And I even think I know where they are.

Jay4hand
06-29-2012, 06:46 PM
The ones I pulled of an 83 work just fine

Kendal Coker
06-30-2012, 06:18 AM
I have used the regular ones on svo's without any problem.

grntRUDD13
07-02-2012, 02:24 PM
I've actually contacted Mr. Fleming about getting one, but thanks for the input. I appreciate it. It's always nice to know stuff like that for the future anyways.