PDA

View Full Version : injector size and fuel pump question

dagenham
07-22-2012, 04:56 PM
What is the stock size injector on a '84 and how much horsepower will they and the stock fuel pumps support??
Also, can I go to a bigger injector with the stock '84 computer??

MikeFleming
07-22-2012, 08:26 PM
What is the stock size injector on a '84 and how much horsepower will they Stock 84/85 injectors are green tops, 31 Lbs/hr. MAX HP that will safely support is about 250WHP.

and the stock fuel pumps support?? The stock twin-pump system, when working correctly, will easily support 400WHP.

Also, can I go to a bigger injector with the stock '84 computer?? No, not and have the car drive well. You will need a chip and programming for the 84 EEC ROM isn't well defined. There's lots more info available to chip the 86 (PE) or 87/88 TC (LA2/3) EECs.

dagenham
07-23-2012, 06:05 PM
Thanks Mike, I knew you guys could give me a good answer.
I asked all that because I have another head that is reworked and I was thinking of using it since the head on my car now at minimum needs valve seals if not guides too. This one will just need a new set of seals.

dagenham
07-30-2012, 05:43 PM
If I change the computer, then I can get a slightly bigger injector, correct?? I dont want anything huge just enough to get a little more fuel into the engine with the bigger valves.

Which brings me to another problem, the pin rewiring for a LA3 computer. Unless its already here somewhere, there should be a permanent thread on rewiring for the LA3.(just a thought)

Patrick
07-30-2012, 07:13 PM
Which brings me to another problem, the pin rewiring for a LA3 computer. Unless its already here somewhere, there should be a permanent thread on rewiring for the LA3.(just a thought)

Yup, It's already here somewhere. It's on the main page in the links, before you enter the forum. :cool: