PDA

View Full Version : Idea for TECH threads for the future !

TheSVOTrust
08-14-2012, 05:00 PM
I would love to talk (over beers) about the possibility of having a FORM filled out prior to any tech questions (where we are helping others repair SVO's).

In its most basic form it could be
Year
Condition
Parts replaced
Problem

Personally I would find it much better if it outlined everything from;
Date last driven
Known problem
Component changed
Performance Mods
Budget and direction of repair being considered

I think this would save many questions of assumptions that result in longer threads/inaccurate answers. The last would certainly allow for exchange of parts when only original SVO parts are needed (or can only be sourced from owners) In my case I read every ones needs but don't respond because I don't think people want NOS parts.

Mark
P.S. I'm thinking 8/30 at 2AM would be about the time to hash this out !

TheSVOTrust
08-14-2012, 06:19 PM
I also think that filling out WHERE people are located would help when they are asking for parts !!

When I see someone needs a hood - but don't know where they are (for both shipping or delivery options) AGAIN I don't answer !!

Right now Larry_S is dreaming of a SLA front suspension and wants to spend under $2500 ! All I know is he is in the USA - but would a complete system delivered be worth $2000 to him or only $1500 if he is 10 miles from me!

Mark

Sick Puppy
12-19-2012, 05:48 AM
I also think that filling out WHERE people are located would help when they are asking for parts !!

When I see someone needs a hood - but don't know where they are (for both shipping or delivery options) AGAIN I don't answer !!

Mark

This is why I'm such a hard a$$ about location on TF. Even if you are just trying to see if there is another 2.3T member near you a search of the directory works.

When posting a tech question people should try to put as much info as possible, the "form" would definitely help if it was used.

MikeFleming
12-19-2012, 10:10 AM
If y'alls see any profiles that don't include location, let me know and we'll have Patrick get after them.

Sick Puppy
12-19-2012, 10:49 AM
Ooh, ooh, can I BAN them too??? I need the practice...

MikeFleming
12-19-2012, 11:18 AM
I didn't say anything about banning.

But while wer're on the subject Paul - You're banned (until your next post).

Pat
12-21-2012, 09:31 PM
But while wer're on the subject Paul - You're banned (until your next post).

Nice touch. Not original, but cute.