Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1984 svo project

Noob
    got everything back together, some how the timing belt jumped. the cam gear and distributor are where it should be but the crank is off

Well, two out of three ain't bad.

Fortunately it's an easy fix.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    Well, two out of three ain't bad.

Fortunately it's an easy fix.

lets hope so! haha got them straightened out, this damn tensioner is about to make me loose some hair -_-, gonna get a timing light tmr and hopefully hear it run RIGHT soon!

also i have a spare front bumper cover in primer, what are these worth? i have somebody locally interested in it

also i have a spare front bumper cover in primer, what are these worth?
    Perfect, ready for paint? $150-300/US ballpark range. The repro ones that were available a few years back listed, iirc, at $400 and mostly sold in the $300-350 range.

YMMV.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    Perfect, ready for paint? $150-300/US ballpark range. The repro ones that were available a few years back listed, iirc, at $400 and mostly sold in the $300-350 range.

YMMV.
    yes, its had its fair share of repairs but looks very good

Keep ASKING questions (use photos if you want us to point out what is wrong) !

I say this in that - a jumped belt, statement of "damn tensioner" just confuses us. (I would ask if you have the starred bolt for it? or know to loosen both bolts and tighten the small one to hold it in place once sprung for belt installation)

Saw you "replaced the fuel filter" but didn't mention that you dropped the tank and dumped the bad gas! I wouldn't expect it to START RIGHT UP ! Don't crank and crank and crank. You might be still off on timing/dist or it could be bad gas.

Mark
    P.S. Lately I'm adding RAG JOINT to all cars ! (seems like a safe bet/safe move) LOL

Noob
    i took the tensioner loose to get the crank where it should have been compared to the cam gear/distributor, the reason why im cussing it is cause i was having one helllll of a time gettin that little spring back where it was supposed to go haha, is the starred bolt the one that the spring is on?

as far as the tank, it was bone dry when I got it and i put alittle premium in it to see it if would fire, i realize i was a little excited and probably should have just dropped it in the first place, its not an issue about doin it as i have a 2 post lift.

I went ahead and got a new cooler thermostat for it also

put new master cylinder on, went to bleed the brakes and discovered a hole in the line after the 90 angle coming out of the proportioner valve -__-, so gonna learn how to flare brake line soon.

as long as it doesnt rain most of my time is spent in the fields but i try to work on it a couple nights a week so il keep u all posted

touche on the rag joint, will probably do that to now that u mentioned it!

will take some pics soon. thanks for the help!