Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: New SoCal SVO

Building Boost

New SoCal SVO

Picked this up a week ago down here in San Diego. Needs a lot of work but I'm looking into fixing it up and making it nice. Already have a few parts coming in for it.

$(KGrHqR,!kwE+5)HdV(cBQRssI,+Lw~~60_57.jpg
    5I75G75E63Ga3J23o7c93fab3eaafbb221c6e.jpg

Being from SoCal I assume it hasn't got much of a rust issue. Looks like it will be a fun project, update as you make progress.

Building Boost
    No it has pretty bad rust right near the hatch, so I'm going to try and fix that soon.

^
    Even Arizona cars get rust at the hatch mounts..
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Building Boost
    Yeah, its right behind the rain channel from the doors.

Building Boost
    Also, keep finding weird things, can anybody identify these two connectors. Also, what the hell is this black box in the picture, and what the hell did the previous owner do the these cable that go to the throttle-body.
    IMAG1033.jpgIMAG1034.jpgIMAG1035.jpgIMAG1036.jpg

This is the Evaporative Emissions Charcoal Canister. It stores evaporated petrol fumes from the attached vent line from the fuel tank and admits them in the intake system for burning and purging (on a stock air box).
    IMAG1033.jpg

On the 84's there is a spare two-wire connector near the brake booster area. What year is this car?
    IMAG1034.jpg

THAT is the EEC-IV test connector - just in front of the LF shock tower. It's covered in the booklet.
    IMAG1035.jpg

Looks like someone added a cruise control.
    IMAG1036.jpg

BTW - keep the boost (aka intake temps) down without a charge cooler.

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Building Boost
    Ok, well that tube to the charcoal canister goes nowhere, it ends behind that hose. How should it be routed? And yes, I have the stalk for cruise control and that line comes fram a really big cylinder thing. It is all wired up too.

The large (1") hose should go from the top of the charcoal can to the outside wall of the air filter housing (dirty side).
    There should also be an ~1/8" nylon tube vent line that runs from the can to the vent/roll-over valve in the fuel tank, on the upper left side.

Building Boost
    Thank you, I will take a look at that tuesday.

^
    Reminded me of "I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."

Building Boost
    Well, I got the parts in, so tomorrow morning they are going in. Can't wait.

Building Boost
    Ok, Question. I got the Turbo Coupe intercooler, what it this fitting coming out of the side the hoses go from that?
    IMAG1043.jpg

IMAG1044.jpg

That fitting was originally used to create vacuum for the cruise control. You cna safely remove (and plug) or just plug it.