Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 1979 Mustang Ghia Turbo 4 Project

Nice work on that coupe!
    My Web Site:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks Bill

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Meotchh
    Anyone who owns an SVO belongs in a Psychiatric hospital.

SWEET! I have one of those hangin' from the roof of my garage too! I wish we could sit together and solder... Like two old ladies knitting!

I actually had soaked the harness in a 5 gallon bucket of diluted Purple Power.

Hand scrubbed it, and then let it soak a little longer while I pressure washed the T-5, then came back and pressure washed the harness and hung it from the chain to let it dry out.

The harness had oily goo on quite a bit of it, which meant I was gonna get dirty and electrical tape wouldn't stick so I just cleaned her up a bit.

I also put together a pedal assy to stick in the car for the T-5.

Quote Originally Posted by SVOC View Post
    I actually had soaked the harness in a 5 gallon bucket of diluted Purple Power. Hand scrubbed it, and then let it soak a little longer... then came back and pressure washed the harness and hung it from the chain to let it dry out. The harness had oily goo on quite a bit of it, which meant I was gonna get dirty and electrical tape wouldn't stick so I just cleaned her up a bit.
    Mine's fairly clean. I just took it from an '87 TC. It's a lot cleaner than the original, hacked-up '84 harness. I've been cleaning it with Simple Green and a rag while combing through and labeling all the wires. The TC had anti-lock brakes, and I don't have any accessories other than an alternator, so and my goal of a wire-tuck means A LOT a simplifying and splicing. Sometimes I just stare at it, asking myself "What made you think you could figure out an electrical harness?!"

The only reason that is labeled is because my apprentice is not familiar with the wiring set-up as I will put him on projects and cut him loose.

We must continue to train the next generation.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Building Boost
    I just spent the better part of the evening reading all 7 pages of this thread including the Terlingua Racing team history as well as the complete 5 chapter SAGA SVO story. I thoroughly enjoyed every word. Even passed the laptop over to my 20 year old son, time after time, to share a lot of the information posted here. He even stated that we would look past a 79 Ghia a million times without ever thinking twice about it. Thanks for the posts and please continue to update as progress continues. I will never look past a ’79 ghia again… The fact that you are putting such effort into this car after owning and working on the ‘bad ass’ Shelby’s Terlingua’s, SVO’s, and Cobras just goes to show that one with your skill and talent can make even a little ’79 Ghia a bit of a ‘bad ass’ car too, thanks for broadening my view and for sharing your project.

Pat

Thanks Pat that means a lot to hear that, I'm sorry if this has taken a while to get back on this project, but i have ran into a huge financial slump, and sold most of my Fox collection sans this 79' Ghia and an 86' SVO, I even have to seel my truck so I could buy and RV to move to take a job some 3 1/2 hours from where I live.

Fear not, it could be worse, at least I live at a race track, and work for a group building and maintaining Boss 302R and 302S, with a handful of Miata's so it's not to terribly bad.
    http://motorsportsdevelopmentgroup.com/

I tried to get Bob Holmes to break away and come chat with us at the 25hour race but maybe next year, here we are with our 8th place finishing car:

I will however get back on this project and get it complete, but it may be a little bit till I can get my finances in order, so please bare with me.

P.S. this actually started out as a Father/Step Son project, but i gave him my 85' 5.0 5spd LX in stead.
    Last edited by SVOC; 01-08-2013 at 08:19 PM.

Sorry to hear about the slump although I understand, my wife has been off work since last april. I'm glad you are keeping your head up and do plan to finish this project. It looks like you do have a fun job too, that means a lot. I hope things turn around for you but these things sometimes happen. Keep us posted when you make some more progress as I'm thoroughly enjoying this thread also. Still up in the air as to weather I'll do an '85 GT nose as well or if. I'll try to repair my header panel. Best Wishes,
    Mitchel.

Quote Originally Posted by 94VERTiGO View Post
    I just spent the better part of the evening reading all 7 pages of this thread including the Terlingua Racing team history as well as the complete 5 chapter SAGA SVO story. I thoroughly enjoyed every word. Even passed the laptop over to my 20 year old son, time after time, to share a lot of the information posted here. He even stated that we would look past a 79 Ghia a million times without ever thinking twice about it. Thanks for the posts and please continue to update as progress continues. I will never look past a ’79 ghia again… The fact that you are putting such effort into this car after owning and working on the ‘bad ass’ Shelby’s Terlingua’s, SVO’s, and Cobras just goes to show that one with your skill and talent can make even a little ’79 Ghia a bit of a ‘bad ass’ car too, thanks for broadening my view and for sharing your project.

Pat
    Don't give him a bigger ego!! LOL
    Enough of that, it was giving me a headache.

Welcome back & thanks for the update!

Things will work themselves out. Not to worry.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

That, sir, is awesome. I just pulled my 2.3 out of my SVO, and I now have a reference.

Great job!

D
    No good deed goes unpunished!
    1985.5 SVO 1B

*Cough* well I have stuffed the Ghia in the garage, and it has been sitting in here a couple of months, I have cleaned around it, fixed some of my florescent lights, rearranged some things, pulled the A4LD out of it, gathered a few more parts, and went and bought some media so I can paint the rear axle after I pull it out.

Funny at this point there are few different directions to go to get back on this project, I'm figuring to start on the bottom and go from there..............

Some Boost
    Very inspiring thread!! I dont know how you find time to work on that car, I would be to busy drooling over the fancier toys in the yard

Thanks I appreciate it, be it known that those really cool rides all have one thing in common that make you a bit numb to them after a while, which is, they are still made with nuts and bolts, and they will make you dirty while working on them

No but seriously, I am no different than any of you, just set some goals and work towards them, put yourself in the position to be able to do things like this, select the right people to surround yourself with that will trust you and support you in the endeavors you wish to pursue.

It is fun though, and I do get my days to go out and enjoy them:

And sometimes you just make the fun right in your own driveway!!

Ok now to add in a little back history on the Ghia, we had a salvage title 1986 GT that had a "broken back" that we had found and drug it back here dismantled it and it was nice enough to give the Ghia it's complete front suspension, 8.8 rear axle with 3.73's.

The rest of the GT front clip, bumpers, bumper shocks, rear bumper cover, and body side moulding went to the 86' SVO "Daily Beater" , and then was cut up and hauled off, some of the other stuff was stuck in the attic.