Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 1979 Mustang Ghia Turbo 4 Project

I'm sure you two are refreshed by watching someone else do a ton of work after the both of you have done just about the same amount in one way or another.
    True dat.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

How much crap can you stuff in the trunk of a Mudstain coupe?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Meotchh
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Anyone who owns an SVO belongs in a Psychiatric hospital.

So then the wife (HMFIC) came out to help trim some window calk, and some of the taped areas after I taped them up:

And then of course a friend of our stopped by to further some more interruptions, by bringing his new Boss by to put some break-in miles on it.

How much crap can you stuff in the trunk of a Mudstain coupe?
    You can fit larger (longer?) pieces into a hatchback. Much more stuff if you take the seats out.

Nope, this is one of Patrick's acquisitions.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

And then the air line sprung a friggin leak and ended my adventures to get the door/trunk jambs primed, along with around the windows.

So after I put in a few hours at the machine shop tomorrow, I'll stop by Lowe's Performance Outlet and grab some pieces to repair the damaged/leaking line and get it repaired, and see if we can't get back on track.

Jeff - :/

RED

I'm just say'n

I figured you might want to see another pic of it.

RED

I figured you might want to see another pic of it.
    You read my mind!

Carry On.

What are you using for blasting media? Are you just roughing up the surfaces? It looks like there's still paint on the chassis in the last few pics.

Okay, my curiosity can't hold out any longer. What sanctioning body and class are the numbered late models racing in?
    Enough of that, it was giving me a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Holmes View Post
    Okay, my curiosity can't hold out any longer. What sanctioning body and class are the numbered late models racing in?
    Ah Bob I figured you might be the first one, since that would be a threatening factor if you ever went AI/X in the central region, as Mike Stacy has a heavy hitting Shelby Terlingua:

http://shelbyautos.com/terlingua.asp

The one pictured in the link above is the same one you see in my side yard, that was Kieth's at SAI, and the latemode 2009 media car Gary Patterson drove on the track.

There are only 38 of these built, and I have a few of them under my care, the 4.0 SOHC engines are not forged, and we all know what happens when we add boost, they start at 9psi, and I take them to 15lbs plus, but not with out a special recipe I have concocted stroking them out to 4.7 liters:

The come out with a safe 425wrhp 428tq power rating, and they don't break ring lands any more.

The Terlingua's was as close to the SVO in a latemodel chassis, mild boosted horsepower and torque, fantastic handling, and ginormous brakes, limited number in builds and just an absolute blast to drive, and they come with their own set of bad quirks!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    What are you using for blasting media? Are you just roughing up the surfaces? It looks like there's still paint on the chassis in the last few pics.
    Black Oxide, some of the pics were as I was blasting, the wife was taking most of those, this isn't actually a full restoration, I initally was trying to get the car sold, figured the floor pan were why it wasn't selling to I installed them, still no bits, so I didn't want to install all the new weather stripping without painting the jambs, and then go back pull it all off and do it twice, so I figured I wold jam it and then put all the new weather stripping on.
    I didn't do the suspension, be cause, again it was going to be one of our kiddo's car (one pictured earlier helping) but I gave him the white catalog/magazine car that got totaled, still with this being said the wife said I cold keep this car as a driver if I wanted, sooooo I would rather drive it than make it all stupid pretty and have to worry about driving it in the rain, or getting it dirty driving over people and small animals.
    Last edited by SVOC; 09-24-2012 at 03:09 PM.

Bad Hare, one of one glass roof Terlingua's, one of four automatics

Bad Rabbit, the first 2009 Terlingua built, and Shelby's #2 Media car

MAC, another one of the four with an automatic transmission, also the Terlingua I drove to Carlisle to be put on display in the Shelby building

Beautiful Black Bunny, the most common color combo, but this was one of three ordered at the same time, which include Mike Stacy's

Mike Stacy's Terlingua, from street car to AI/X Roush/Yate 800rwhp retarded warp speed rocket

Bunny, the very first consumer Terlingua, delivered by Shelby's mod shop (now bankrupt) to the 2008 Terlingua GTG in Terlingua, Texas

MAC at the Shelby building in Carlisle AFN:

My wife and I have been very passive Terlingua enthusiasts since 2008 and this will be our first year we will not be at the event next week, since we both had some medical issue come up and it has killed us finacially, we belong to the http://www.terlinguapreservationsociety.com/ know Bill and his wife Nelda Neale, Mike Shaw and so forth.

Although I/we have an affinity for the Terlingua's I also do quite a lot of Shelby/GT's, Ford GT's and of course the GT500's............

and at the 2011 Shelby bash put the whoop'n to the first publicly owned GT350 and was the fastest street car and third fastest over all next to two race cars:

Soooo I have owned 14 - SVO's. 4 - XR4Ti's, 2 - Turbo Coupes, 1 - 79' Turbo notch back Mustang, I have a few pieces of paper that say I supposed to know what I doing, some fomr these national companies, and a few from the blue oval car mfg. and even one from a high zoot chainsaw company, LOL.
    I like the rare and odd stuff that's out there, and you can usally find me at a HPDE (driving school), occasional drag strip (three within 45 min of me), car car show, the SVT club meeting of central Texas, or various other places, if not where I am most of the time, behind the wrench here at the house or I contract out with my local automotive machine shop from time to time.
    AAAaaand for some of you that are close, I'm supposed to be an instructor at an HPDE this thursaday at Eagles Canyon, and I'll be driving Loran Keller's AI/X Cobra

OK, so does this qualify my to come over here and play now, cause hell forbid that Pat put the ban on me, even if it does taste like chicken.
    I just wanna hang out and have fun like all the other kids too.

Jeff

And of course since I opened Pandora's box about the Terlingua's, WAIT......................

Since it's all Bob's fault I hijacked my own thread and didn't get to the root of the answer he wanted, here it is, the real story about how Bill, Carroll and some friends with chilli and beer:

http://www.terlinguaracingteam.com/a...-team-history/

Jeff -

luv ya Bob

FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!!!!

Thanks for all that. I always thought that the Terlinguas (Terlingui?) were a great idea.
    Enough of that, it was giving me a headache.

Massive Brakes = ++

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Holmes View Post
    Terlinguas (Terlingui?)
    Bunny's

(aka Anonymous) Club Member Patrick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SVOC View Post
    ... OK, so does this qualify my to come over here and play now, cause hell forbid that Pat put the ban on me, even if it does taste like chicken.
    I just wanna hang out and have fun like all the other kids too.

Jeff
    If I ban you, you will probably just come back for more abuse!
    "Just leave me alone. I know what to do" (Kimi)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    If I ban you, you will probably just come back for more abuse!

Well, of course!