Thread: Crank Case Vent Oil Separator D9FZ-6A785-A

Some Boost

Crank Case Vent Oil Separator D9FZ-6A785-A

I recently came upon some pictures of the crank case vent oil separator I've been looking for, right out of the box...

vent-box.JPG

And out of the box...

vent-on-box.JPG

It is up for sale currently, I took it from their sales page.

I'm seriously thinking, however, of tapping the hole and adapting a water separator used for irrigation for the purpose.

In the rat tradition, I was thinking a beer can and steel wool would be more appropriate for my particular steed... but it wouldn't work for me, I'm a teetotaler.

That may not fit the later EFI manifolds. See this thread for what I'm talking about:

http://www.svocop.com/forum/showthre...ight=crankcase

The EFI type points at a 90 degree angle out of the can so it can exit straight forwards. The can pictured above points upwards ~30 degrees from vertical - looks like it will foul the bottom of the intake casting as soon as you get a hose on it.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Some Boost
    Thanks for catching that, you are absolutely right. Feel free to delete this thread (or please do )

Delete it - nothing going!

This is a perfect example of how people learn the differences in specific parts. To see something like this before they purchase a part they don't need or can't use is eye opening.

8T6
    7B SL55