Thread: stock wheel refinish

Half Boost

stock wheel refinish

Yes I have a nice set of mach 1 wheels on my car but I would like to have the option of running the stock SVO wheels also.
    I bought some stuff at Carlisle flea market that is supposed to strip off the clear and then polish them up. I may not polish very hard as I would like to keep the duller finish as opposed to a highly polished look.
    I figured it was worth a try considering how much it costs to have a set of wheels refinished.
    If I get the chance a remember I will try and take some before, during, and after pics and post them in the project section.

Some Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by dagenham View Post
    Yes I have a nice set of mach 1 wheels on my car but I would like to have the option of running the stock SVO wheels also.
    I bought some stuff at Carlisle flea market that is supposed to strip off the clear and then polish them up. I may not polish very hard as I would like to keep the duller finish as opposed to a highly polished look.
    I figured it was worth a try considering how much it costs to have a set of wheels refinished.
    If I get the chance a remember I will try and take some before, during, and after pics and post them in the project section.
    I used wheel collision center in Allentown, pa.

Half Boost
    What did you have done and did you like their work??
    What was the cost also?

Not an SVO wheel but good article:

http://www.foxmustangmagazine.com/ar...transformation
    My Web Site:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I did a set myself by stripping the finish, sand blasting the openings, then mounting them in a lathe and using emery cloth to give that 'factory' appearance.
    Since then others (who dont have a lathe handy) have PROPERLY!!!! braced their car and used the emery cloth on the rear wheels with the rear up on jackstands and the wheels turning in 1st gear. This may take a bit of time to get the right feel and movement to get a nice finish.
    When complete swap the wheels around to finish the rest as necessary.
    Clearcoat when done and they will look great and not cost too much

Reminds me of a time, long ago ...

I recall being at an SCCA ProSolo event once where some [insert expletive & descriptive words here] had the back end of his camaro jacked up and was laying under it with a long, hand-held drywall cheese grader tool "shaving" his tires.

Darwan Award top ten contestant for sure.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

what is the typical cost for 4 wheels refinished?

For me it depended upon whether the wheel was out of round, curb rash, they have a grading system. The most expensive one was $125 and that was 5 years ago. I don't think prices have changed much but I'm sure shipping has gone up.

no doubt, are these franchise wheel guys or local?