Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: My SVO Shenannigans

Noob

My SVO Shenannigans

Well, I always wanted to post a thread on here detailing what it had done to it.. I suppose this is as good a place to start, it's late so I'll start with the latest mod...
    It's been a strange enough summer but so far I have had to adjust the bracket for the PS lines by adding in a spacer and it sits up higher than when I started.. was going to put it down low and let the lower opening feed it but had some issues fabbing it up. I may still change it later but for now was planning on running the hot to the top side and using 2" piping, it's still a stock turbo & TB so no need to expand it too much, anyway, this is how it's sitting, it will need to be adjusted I "think" as I don't know if it still has too much blocked by the bumper, either way will still beat the factory and the TC one's I have been using.

IMG_0985.jpg

IMG_0984.jpg

And from the bottom opening.

IMG_0982.jpg

I actually started this on a cpl other forums I frequent so appologies if this looks familiar to anyone, like I said.. odd summer, but open to ideas & opinions/advice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Noob
    Just to add a little more, I bought the car locally in early '09 advertised with an IRS from a '99 Cobra and for Oklahoma prices the car was down right cheap, ad was a good driver but with a bad 2nd gear syncro. I ended up getting an NA T-5 for practically nothing waiting on it to shell and so far it hasn't, in fact it's been pretty sturdy for me, the list of mods to the car was sone by thr previous owner, as he is the one that installed the IRS as well, to date it is still running a stock inline intake with 36# injectors, a 3" dp/Exhaust, an LA3 with a CAI and E6 manifold. I dropped in a pair of seats from a '96 GT as the leather ones are in sad shape. Current plans are to swap heads so I can put on a gutted intake to match a 70mm throttle body I picked up as well as gasket match to try & hit that 300hp mark.
    I may post some pics up later but realized the next morning those are a little big, and I can't go back & edit it, so pix are on hold unless someone wants to see em then I can put them up.. hate to spam my own thread.

You should be able to add new posts with new pics.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Noob
    Cool, thanks. I couldn't find any specific rules on posting pix and didn't want to get too far ahead of myself postingthem up, but here is what the exhaust system looked like when I boulght the car, dumped right under the pumpkin and I tell ya the drone was killing me.

And then I got a set od really nice tips that I decided I had to have, so took it to the friendly neighborhood muffler shop and and trying to decide how to go around the IRS, we went under it.

We now have tips, it is a tad low so speed bomps and large floor jacks are my nemisis, but it looks good, and hey, that's what's important right?

Eventually I am going to have to break down and replace the bushings as a cpl look pretty rough, but it's not a daily for me, and I don't really relish dropiing the thing & tring to remove/re-press new ones on. But it still corners like you would not believe.

It does look a bit on the low side down the middle.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Noob
    I got a chance to see this a couple of months ago at a car show. I thought the exhaust looked great and sounded good too. I just wish Desi would have taken me for a ride so i could have felt how it handled.