Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: Chassis Plugs

Chassis Plugs

Someone asked about a specific chassis hole plug - 1.25". Found them, but can't find the thread where someone asked about them. So I[m posting here.

A few options for this size, which seems to be the most common. A long time ago I got a 30 piece kit from 50Resto.com / latemodelresto.com but they're not answering the browser call just now. Have no idea if they're still in business. IN nay case one kit was not enough for the complete SVO, so get two kits (and have some left-over spares for other SVO owners in need) to cover the whole car. Kit #895 "1979-1993 Body Plug Kit".

The particular plug, 1.25", is part number 377936-S (10 in above kit). It's also available separately (individually) at any place that carries AVECO parts.

Ford stocks the item as #E8ZZ-6026-A, Plug.

Lastly for the cost of shipping I'll send you one.
    Img_6330.jpg
    Img_6331.jpg
    Img_6332.jpg
    Img_6333.jpg
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

That post was on FB. You can add Fox Mustang Restoration to that list as well. They also sell the plug kit. Be sure to talk to Matt & tell him you heard about it on www.svocop.com
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    Someone asked about a specific chassis hole plug - 1.25". Found them, but can't find the thread where someone asked about them. So I[m posting here.

A few options for this size, which seems to be the most common. A long time ago I got a 30 piece kit from 50Resto.com / latemodelresto.com but they're not answering the browser call just now. Have no idea if they're still in business. IN nay case one kit was not enough for the complete SVO, so get two kits (and have some left-over spares for other SVO owners in need) to cover the whole car. Kit #895 "1979-1993 Body Plug Kit".

The particular plug, 1.25", is part number 377936-S (10 in above kit). It's also available separately (individually) at any place that carries AVECO parts.

Ford stocks the item as #E8ZZ-6026-A, Plug.

Lastly for the cost of shipping I'll send you one.
    Img_6330.jpg
    Img_6331.jpg
    Img_6332.jpg
    Img_6333.jpg
    Mike do you have an extra 1.25 plug? it was my post on Facebook, looking for a rubber body plug for passenger side rear seat vertical bulkhead fuel pump wire harness pass thru. Thank you Larry

Yep, have several. Still smells like fresh rubber.

Get me a postal addy via PM.

Welcome aboard, btw.

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Pm sent thanks for the welcome mike glad to be here! What kind of svo do you have?

What kind of svo do you have?
    But of course - a red one!

More details here:
    http://www.mustangmonthly.com/featur...svo_prototype/

Mine's actually an 1984 model. The article printed it incorrectly in the title, but has it right in the text.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    But of course - a red one!

More details here:
    http://www.mustangmonthly.com/featur...svo_prototype/

Mine's actually an 1984 model. The article printed it incorrectly in the title, but has it right in the text.
    Wow Mike, fantastic work! I am going to restore mine to orig. at first, then who knows? I was a young engineer in Long Beach Ca, circa 1985, drove the SVO but passed on it due to price. If I ever upgrade the engine management system I know who to call. BTW the clutch chirps but quiets down with slight pressure on the pedal. I hear this is common? Pilot bearing?

Chirping - Probably more throw out bearing.