Thread: Body side molding

Some Boost

Body side molding

The thin body side/door molding was missing from my car when I got it. Is this molding still available anywhere?

National Parts Depot, I believe that i saw it in their catalog?

Some Boost
    I tried them, all they have was the wide molding used on GT's & LX.

Although not the exact same profile when I was looking at another car missing the moldings my research came up with this as pretty good replacement and it's cheap.

http://www.repaintsupply.com/pd_cow_...pean_style.cfm
    86 1D #9823
    H&R Sport Springs, T-Coupe Intercooler, CAI, Bosch Bypass, 3" DP

Some Boost
    Thanks,

This looks like the best replacement.

Noob
    I couldn't really tell from the link how much of a match it was. I am also looking for the two trim pieces per the photos attached on my 86 SVO. I am missing the driver's side front piece (short piece between front wheel well and door) and the passenger side rear piece (between rear wheel well and door).

I tried calling R&E but they are closed. I don't need an exact match for the NOS that's on the car, but I'd like it to be passable from a few feet away. I am assuming it's just a set length that you need to purchase/then cut & paint? I don't see the length specified on the site - just $15.34. Are these actually cut to size?
    Attached Images Attached Images

The profile is different so you wouldn't want to mix and match. I believe the price is for a 20ft roll. Cut to fit and paint. Good option for someone missing all of the original.
    86 1D #9823
    H&R Sport Springs, T-Coupe Intercooler, CAI, Bosch Bypass, 3" DP

What's that tapping sound?? Chalky's Avatar
    It won't match your original stuff but it is a good replacement. I used that when i painted my 84 and no ever seems to notice.

Quote Originally Posted by chastee1 View Post
    I couldn't really tell from the link how much of a match it was. I am also looking for the two trim pieces per the photos attached on my 86 SVO. I am missing the driver's side front piece (short piece between front wheel well and door) and the passenger side rear piece (between rear wheel well and door).

I tried calling R&E but they are closed. I don't need an exact match for the NOS that's on the car, but I'd like it to be passable from a few feet away. I am assuming it's just a set length that you need to purchase/then cut & paint? I don't see the length specified on the site - just $15.34. Are these actually cut to size?
    Just sent you an email with basically the same info that is in here. Saw your post in a diff. forum. The link above is your best option.
    Officially "banned for life" from SVOCA!!

I have two original spare front moldings I can sell cheap that I will part with. if that helps
    Last edited by Ford Builder; 02-16-2013 at 10:29 PM.
    The Machine speaks for itself !!