Thread: Plastic interior part crack adhesive?

Plastic interior part crack adhesive?

I pulled all the plastic panels out of storage and am in the middle of cleaning and painting. I have more than a few cracks that need to be addressed. Does anyone have a recommendation for an adhesive? I'm thinking about backing the cracked areas with fabric or a narrow gauge mesh to control the continued cracking and then gluing the cracks together.

Thoughts?
    Enough of that, it was giving me a headache.

I used some model airplane carbon fiber strips (trimmed to fit) and an assortment of 5-mnute (stays flexible) or 30-minute (hard) epoxies and some soft cyanoacrylate for this very task. Scuff the backside of the areas to be glued and scuff the fiber strips. Create a way to stabilize/hold the sections or parts to be joined then lay some glue, lay the carbon )or fabric) strips, apply more glue, cover with thin baggie(plastic), smooth, walk away for 45 minutes.

There is supposed to be a texture spray that will re-create the textured effect on the interior exposed sides of the interior panels, but I have not used any of it. If the texture is perfect, you can go straight to cleaning and painting then. Be sure to spray ALL interior panels with the same color for consistency.

A pictorial guide follows. This example shows repairing the forward narrow front section on the center console.
    001.jpg
    002.jpg
    003.jpg
    004.jpg
    005.jpg
    006.jpg
    007.jpg
    008.jpg
    009.jpg
    010.jpg
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite