Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: brsvo's ongoing project

Half Boost
    I bought a Lares rack and pinion from Rock Auto. Am going to install with new hoses and flushed pump. Is Valvoline synthetic Mercon LV ok for fluid? I have to fill the rebuilt T5 also and that is what I have been running in there.
    Last edited by brsvo; 04-07-2023 at 09:48 AM.

Half Boost
    I purchased and installed a new Lares rack and pinion in my 86. I bought new lines and flushed the pump. Connected the hoses and pumped 2 tank fulls of fluid through the new rack. Buttoned it up, topped the fluid and turned the wheels lock to lock with the front end in the air like 20 times with the fuel rail disconnected cranking the starter. Topped off the fluid and started the car. Turned it lock to lock another 10 times with the wheels off the ground no whining or shudders. Put it on the ground and it shutters like mad. Turned it LTL another 20 times with the cap off the pump. Doesn't seem to be bubbles or fluid going down. Now I am just frustrated!!

Half Boost
    After far too many attempts, 1/8th tank of fuel on jack stands bleeding it finally works. What a relief. Has pretty good feel not totally over boosted!

On, Wayne!
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite