Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Won't Align!

Some Boost
    FWIW, I did the shock test last week (I do it by standing on the bumper). The think is rock steady, no bouncing at all. But I do think the shocks need to be rebuilt. While it may seem strange, it absorbs big motion well but not small motion (like there is play in it somehow).

Anyone here know some quick and easy shocks I can put on it while I work out what to do with the Konis? I'm ready to do a full LCA bushing/boot and shocks/springs rebuild, but not until after we move in May. Unless I can create room in the garage though, all I'm worried about is having a car on stands out in the front where the HOA can get angry.

Animated Italian Gigolo blueboss's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Patina View Post
    Anyone here know some quick and easy shocks I can put on it while I work out what to do with the Konis? I'm ready to do a full LCA bushing/boot and shocks/springs rebuild, but not until after we move in May. Unless I can create room in the garage though, all I'm worried about is having a car on stands out in the front where the HOA can get angry.
    Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    New Koni's can be had from PPI for $200 each. The alternative is strut inserts as NO ONE makes replacement struts for the SVO except Koni. The struts from a regular Fox Mustang and the SVO are not interchangeable.
    These are your only two options if you intend to retain the factory Konis. BTW, the strut inserts are installed into your existing Koni housings.
    "Some trannys can operate both types of gearboxes but manual gearboxes with clutch pedals are more difficult to operate with heels on."

Won't Align!

I had my svo struts replaced a bit ago, I think they used an sn95 strut and had to install thick washers because the mounting ears are further apart on the svo. they were definitely not the right fit but they were cheap Kyb and at least worked.

in the process of correcting that error now