Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Indy 500

(aka Anonymous) Club Member Patrick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFleming View Post
    The best part of watching Indy Cars is hearing the announcers say "And a Honda passes another Chevro-let".
    You said the nasty word. Banned! until next post.
    "Just leave me alone. I know what to do" (Kimi)

An un-forgettable event! Even if a Poopy won!!!!

I can't tell you how spectacular it was to see. It is way different in person than on TV. I couldn't get the smile off my face for the first 50 laps!! We had great seats, covered up high, on the infield side out of turn 4 near the entry to the pits.

Prior to the 500, We went to the Rouge River Factory, Henry Ford Museum, and Greenfield Village. Also met with the Chief Powertrain Engineer for the SRT Viper and toured Chrysler stuff. Even hung out at Woodward Ave., M-1 - for a little bit.

I had a e-mail exchange with Mr. Indy 500 before I left (Andy G. has been inspirational to me since I was a young kid watching the Indy 500) and the race could not have had more perfect weather. The finish was the only bummer of the trip - ended under caution.

On the way home via Phoenix, Arie Lyendyk was on the plane, and some guy (who would not tell me who he was) showed me pictures of him with all kinds of drivers including Tony Kannan. He is friends with all the racers. Best friend is Paul Tracy? Sold his 1100 Horsepower Sand Rail to Kyle Bush. He told me his grandfather was a close friend of Craig Barrett Dad's and has never missed an Auction (some help here Mark Haas - he's a local Az.). His Dad was an GM executive? That's all I know - other than seeing lots of neat pictures of racers and stories after the race all the way from Inianapolis to Phoenix.

That was a Bucket list item, for sure.
    7B SL55

Was he bout 6ft tall, balding in his mid 40's? Could have been PTs former motorcoach driver. He lives at Havasu pretty much next door to PT.
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

No balding...
    7B SL55