Thread: 2013 Formula 1 Thread

2013 Formula 1 Thread

Okay, buzzard brains. On to the new season. Reveals are slowing taking place, first test is just a couple of weeks away.

I don't think the status quo will change much in this transitional year towards the new 2014 regs. So here are my predictions:

WCC:

RBR
    Ferrari
    Lotus
    McLaren
    Mercedes

WDC:
    Vettel
    Alonso
    Kimi
    Button
    Hamilton
    Enough of that, it was giving me a headache.

Mighty brave to post so soon on the upcoming season! I'm waiting until the tests start. I want to see how the new tires affect the chassises and drivers. Plus I want to see how all the transfers between teams affects car development. Will Ross Brawn make it to the first tests?

My reasoning is in paragraph 2.

All teams will be splitting their resources between the existing chassis and the one they have to prepare, for the new regs, in 2014. I think this year will be largely a throw away, those that were good last year will be in the hunt this year.

Driver changes will make the most difference, and the only ones worth looking at are between Mc and Merc. Hamilton won't be capable of taking that dog turd to the next level, and Journeyman and the kid will lower the points total for Mc. Kimi will kick some serious ass, and Crasher McGrosjean will continue to grow, hence their movement up my grid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Holmes View Post
    My reasoning is in paragraph 2.
    But my thinking is that is what is going to make it a good year. All of the number 2s and newbies will be pushing and pushing hard. You have Webber ,Massa, hamilton, button, grosjean, nico, and malidonna all thrown in to a pot of opportunity. You have Alonzo, kimi and Vettel who all struggled last year. I don't see any one of them being dominate at first.

(aka Anonymous) Club Member Patrick's Avatar

I go with Kimi. He knows what to do.
    "Just leave me alone. I know what to do" (Kimi)

I go with Kimi. He knows what to do.
    Only if we leave him alone.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

I never said it wasn't going to be good.

Geez, none of you are going to step to the plate and take a swing.

I think Maldanado will get the most penalties this season (for causing and/or being involved in crashes). He will be forced to sit out at least one race this season.

I suspect Hamilton will struggle all year in the Merc. Perhaps scoring in the points if the weather is bad enough. I suspect the development (improvement?) of the Merc will also be very slow to beep up with RB, Mc & Ferrari.

Alonzo, that other German (with three WC titles now!) & Kimi will be the top 3 points leaders. Button will be fourth.
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Looks like McLaren was correct to pass on DiResta, he's getting his ass handed to him by Sutil, a guy that sat out last year.

For the guy that was supposed to be the heir apparent to a McLaren seat, he's just not making it happen.