Thread: 1986 1E with Extensive mods, OHIO

Building Boost

1986 1E with Extensive mods, OHIO

After 14 years of ownership and a ton of fun times I am ready to move on my beloved SVO to a new home.Kids 030 (Large).jpgKids 031 (Large).jpgKids 027 (Large).jpgKids 028 (Large).jpgKids 045 (Large).jpgKids 042 (Large).jpgKids 046 (Large).jpgKids 041 (Large).jpgKids 011 (Large).jpgKids 001 (Large).jpg

1986 Mustang SVO, 1E(silver), with grey cloth int., 5 speed, 72K miles, 2.3 turbo 4cyl. One of 222 silver SVO’s produced in 1986, one of 3314 total produced that year. Car has extensive mods, never raced or abused, same owner since 2000, and have all reciepts. Asking 8000.00, not interested in trades. I have every pic of the engine resto if interested, and I am sure I am missing a few mods as well. Serious buyers only please.

Mods:
    Engine/Drivetrain: Engine removed at 55K to freshen valve seals but did a performance rebuild instead. Had dynoed at 250HP before new chip and injectors were added, should close to 300 now. Every single component was removed from the engine bay at that time and media blasted and repainted/powdercoated. Entire harness was unwrapped, cleaned, and rewrapped with correct tape. Entire engine bay cleaned, prepped and painted 1E color.
    Block honed, new piston rings, bearings, oil pump installed.
    Head mildy ported, big valves installed(1.89ex/1.59int), ranger roller cam, FMS adj. cam gear
    Rod’s SS header
    Garrett ball-bearing GT25/40R hybrid turbo with SS oil lines and high temp coolant lines
    Spearco SVO FMIC with ceramic coated pipes
    Tial 38mm wastegate/Greddy BOV
    Greddy Profec B boost controller
    Custom chip burned for 55lb RC injectors
    Esslinger Aux Shaft
    K+N filter in fender with airbox removed
    PA performance 100A alternator and fuse setup
    Summit Racing aluminum radiator/electric fan
    Ford ign. wires, cap/rotor
    Sacremento Mustang downpipe to Turbo mufflers and stock tips

Body:
    Repainted about 18 years ago, body is very clean, freshly detailed. All trim and wings repainted last year, has typical rock chips up front and a few door dings. Has some bubbling around sunroof(in pics), but has been that way for at least 6 years and not getting worse. Small amount of surface rust on lower passenger doors but not rotten. Newer door seals and dew wipes, and engine cowl seal, repro hood insulation.
    Interior:
    Overall a very clean interior, no rips/tears/stains, non-smoker, not cut up at all, shifter handle and steering wheel have typical wear. Headliner is starting to wrinkle, but that’s a simple fix.
    Autometer boost/fuel pressure gauge in gauge pod
    Pioneeer CD player, Alpine amplifier, and Polk audio speakers
    Shifter has had rubber bushings removed for better feel

Suspension:

Just rebuilt factory Koni shocks
    Lower control arms have about 35K on them and have Maximum Motorsports poly bushings
    New steering rack and pump with MM poly bushings
    New calipers and brake pads with new lines
    MM poly swaybar bushings and newer sway bar end links
    MM lower K-member tie bar
    MM subframe connectors
    Brand new Dunlop Direzza 225/50/16” tires on factory rims that have been stripped/polished and then recleared with painted inserts
    Fresh front end alignment

Some Boost
    Oh my god this car is clean.... What springs?

Building Boost
    Eibach B springs, and thanks!!

Building Boost
    Car is gorgeous, GLWS!

Looks great. Someone buy this before I end up with two 1E's!
    I have the second...make that the first best 2.3t race car. Bob has...had the best one...Bob...when is the last time yours was on the track...lets race for Pinks! I'll be at Buttonwillow in September!

Building Boost
    Too Late, car was sold on Saturday, Thanks!