Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Blackheart

What's that tapping sound?? Chalky's Avatar

Project Blackheart

Hi All, well the dust has finally settled and I feel now is the appropriate moment to announce the commencment of my new build, "Project Blackheart". I'm going to add more detail and pics shortly but the basic jist involves taking the seven years of R&D and Hi-Po parts from Blackie the Wonderbeater and adding those to what was going to be the concourse restoration of my '84 t-top SVO.

So, think Concourse Restomod and you'll have some idea where this going. It's gonna be fun, more to come.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm looking forward to this one. Bring on the pictures.
    Enough of that, it was giving me a headache.

Concours Restomod? Shouldn't that be in RED?
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Concourse Restomod

-RICH-

Half Boost
    I cant wait to see how this all goes. Sounds like fun!

Noob
    Definitely like the sound of "concours restomod", but would that be an oxymoron? Like it anyway!

Looking forward to seeing picures of this build.

Wink Restomod

You have my attention Chris, you take the stage.
    The Machine speaks for itself !!

Can't wait to see it
    86 1D #9823
    H&R Sport Springs, T-Coupe Intercooler, CAI, Bosch Bypass, 3" DP

Animated Italian Gigolo blueboss's Avatar
    Will "project Blackheart" come with a set of winter tires.....
    "Some trannys can operate both types of gearboxes but manual gearboxes with clutch pedals are more difficult to operate with heels on."

"Perhaps you'd better start at the beginning"

To do this we need to go back to 2008 when I purchased a $300 valve cover and got a free SVO!!! Basically, the story, as covered in the attached story from Modified Mustangs and Fords and in the first entry in my blog (follow the link below), involves a long road trip and much help from my friends. The car basically sat for a few years while I was working on other cars and life stuff.

The plan evolved and changed over the course of time. Originally I had planned to build a nice stock driver since I already had a hot-rod, "Blackie". Then, I found and sourced some of the very rare NOS parts and so the plan changed and I was going to do a full concours original resto. This led to a 4 year search for parts, info and any little tid-bit I could find that would allow me to build the perfectly restored SVO. Many of these thought and discussions were covered over on the Concours Mustang forums with other like minded "what colour is the bolt", "wheres this date stamp go" anorak types. Kinda fun.

With the demise of "Blackie the Wonderbeater" in January this year the rule book got thrown out the window, literally!!! I had decided a little while before this that building a concours trailer queen wasn't really my thing anyway, so it kind of worked out. I didn't like the cars original colour 1E and thought it better to keep it white as found. I am hoping one day someone's going to walk up to a show and say "hey, thats my old car!!!" Also, having t-tops and no "D" code on the door tag is gonna loose you points in a judged class as well. To that end, the plans involves taking one beaten up but restorable t-top shell and one REALLY beaten up black car with a thumping heart and build one hell of a nice street hot-rod t-top!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Smile

Wow what a cool story, the poor car looks like it was left for dead, good thing we have to keep a positive outlook of what it could be. I know I all ways do. I look at what my car was like and most would of passed it by. I have no regrets, am very happy with what I have built.
    The Machine speaks for itself !!

Good lord!!!!!!!!!!!

I have absolutely nothing to complain about on my cars.

You have "vision" where others see only something fit for a junkyard.

Much respect, my friend.

Right on!!
    -Eric
    85 Sunburned 1C
    93 LX 2.3 DD
    92 Harley Fat Boy

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Holmes View Post
    Good lord!!!!!!!!!!!

I have absolutely nothing to complain about on my cars.

You have "vision" where others see only something fit for a junkyard.

Much respect, my friend.
    Imagine what I was thinking when I pulled in the driveway & saw what I was picking up on the drive to Seattle. I was seriously questioning his sanity when the previous owner & I were loading it on the trailer in Fresno in 100 degree weather.
    There's nothing more to see here, now move along...

Yeah, I saw the ad and didn't bite. And I'm just up the road.

Y'alls know that Einstein, aka Weird Uncle Albert, is famous for saying "Imagination is more important than knowledge."

Einstein.jpg

Chris just has more imagination than most of us. Some say it's because he hears voices - to each his own. We all own SVOs, right?

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

So, after Mitch dropped the car off at Josh's place, and if either of you wish to elaborate please do, the first step was to do a good assessment of the car and give it a good cleaning. We started by removing and cataloguing all the parts that were included in the car then we removed the trashed(!!!!) seats and cleaned and vacuumed the interior. Carpets were covered in some nut shells, gotta love rodents, and dirt and dust = dumpster. We also found some weird crazy wiring. Looks like someone at some stage installed an alarm/ central locking system at some stage and it wasn't done well. More on that later.

I was pleased to find relatively solid rust free floors as t-top cars are prone to having rusty floorboards due to water leaks. We did find some unexplainable holes in the floor but we'll get to that later

I gotta tell ya, 15 years in the Fresno desert will keep a a car rust free, but man there's some dust there!!!! After a good dust off with compressed air and a shop vac we gave the car a bath for the first time in however many years.

chalky_ttop2_006.jpg
    chalky_ttop2_031.jpg
    chalky_ttop2_012.jpg

Ahh, memories! Reminds me of the Red Baron before it's new adventure.

Looks good so far Chalky.
    1979 Pace Car ~ 1982 GT T-Top
    1986 1C SVO ~ 1986 GT vert