Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Project Blackheart

Its great to see this car coming back to life. As someone who is doing the same thing right now, I know how much work is involved. The 13" front rotors DBA units also? If so, where did you source them from?
    - Mike Malone - Foxbody Fleet owner and too many other vehicles

What's that tapping sound?? Chalky's Avatar
    Doug, I think the conversation about the turbo was via pm on SVOCA, so either way, i don't have it.

Mike, the rotors front and rear are DBA T2's. I bought them because they were cheaper than Brembo's but were the only other one's I could confirm weren't made in China. Forged in OZ!!!! got them from American Muscle.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Doug, looked back through some e-mails, looks like it's a T04B U trim.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holy Back from the dead Batman!!! Well, between buying, selling and renovating a house and spending 6 months in L.A. working, not much has happened.......till last weekend.

Josh came over early and we dug in to finally get my brakes working as they should. We removed the stock M/C, gutted the prop valve and then fitted new parts. Machined Cobra M/C into a stock SVO booster, MM BPV1 and the MM prop valve plug. I did have a set of pre-bent hard lines to go from the M/C to prop valve, but I'd see an article a few years ago about Joe Gosinski's Mustang and he'd used custom braided lines. I thought it looked really neat and so I had the guys at Oil Filter Services make some up for me. Worked a treat and look sharp!!

After a full flush and bleed the pedal felt good so we moved on to the engine. Fitted a set of injectors I'd had RC Engineering clean and balance and fitted a rebuilt Kirban AFPR. Also pulled an NOS Motorsport valve cover and seperator out of their boxes and threw them on, just because!!

After dropping if off the stands, it was time to check the brakes. Yep, they WORK!!!!! Holy hell do those big rotors pull 'er up. I'm gonna have to get used to all that stopping power.

Good fun. Now I have to go through all the boxes in my garage, find the rest of the parts, make a list of things to be done and get this thing together!!! Pics to come.

This thread went dead on my birthday two years ago and I have been wondering what was going on these past couple of years with your "BLK HRT" project.
    Great to hear that you are still making progress.
    We jumped back into the SVO mad-house last month when we bought a 1C early 84 in Spokane.

It's in storage up there now and before we bring it down here to Az, we hope to meet some of you from the N.W. this summer.
    Ron
    The problem I never fix on my cars is the nut that holds the steering wheel

oh, you bought Al Moglia's car? That's a nice one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chalky View Post
    oh, you bought Al Moglia's car? That's a nice one!!!
    Yep we did!
    We had in mind that we wanted an 85.5 or 86, because of the few improvements on the later models, but neither of us really like the total aero look with the flush headlights.
    Al's was so much like the slapper bar 84 that we sold a couple of years ago, (just in better condition with lots of upgrades), that we couldn't resist.
    Ron

Chalky, I don't mean to highjack your build thread, but briefly do you know any of the history of Al's car before he bought it? Evidently it started out at a dealership near Mt. Hood and then resided in the Seattle area after that for many years.
    PM me if you want to keep this thread on subject..........thanks
    Ron