Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for my old SVO

Quote Originally Posted by ccmcelroy View Post
    I thought that was it Kendal. That is why I posted it. If you look close at the pictures it looks like it has the cobra wheels on one of the pictures.
    That would be great if that was his car.

The F/S ad on CL has the certificate with the VIN, but I can't see if it matches what Craig originally posted.

The one F/S is Black vs Dark Charcoal grey?
    1979 Pace Car ~ 1982 GT T-Top
    1986 1C SVO ~ 1986 GT vert

In a strange turn events, I have finally found this car. It has spent the last 7 years in a Mustang salvage yard, under a carport.

It's not exactly as I left it, as the drivetrain is missing, but it's back in my possession. I hope to get it back on the road later this year.

Craig
    Driver: 2014 Frontier Pro-4X - Found: 1984 SVO 9W #251

Sweet!
    Helping SVO owners & racers since 1984

Poll Finds 30% Of Americans Still Undecided Whether To Vote Out Of Fear Or Spite

Good work, now your work is about to start and it won't be easy. Good luck.
    Your Best Bet, Hire a Vet!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some Boost
    That's great. How did you find it?
    1984 Mercury Capri RS
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Under Pressure View Post
    Good work, now your work is about to start and it won't be easy. Good luck.
    I picked up a rebuilt engine out of an '86 today (kid is putting a turbo LS in it, ) and I'll get a transmission Friday. I do want to go through the brakes and replace all the rubber lines as well as do something about the front ball joints. They were bad when I had it and I doubt anyone did anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCurtin View Post
    That's great. How did you find it?
    A friend found it in a Facebook group. The guy was saying he just made a deal to buy it. Same friend had been at this Mustang salvage the day before, but just missed it somehow. He called the guy at the salvage to confirm it was there. Once it was confirmed, I called, told him I could be there with cash Monday, he said to bring a trailer.

I have to say I probably paid a little too much, but I know the car and the wife wanted back almost more than I did (we have lots of fond memories made with that car).
    Craig

I remember that car....Red stripe gives it away. Best of luck getting her back on the road!

Hey Craig, good for you! Was it over at Missouri Mustang? Perseverance pays off! I am down in Carl Junction and have a few parts around if you are in need.

Quote Originally Posted by MSheff View Post
    Hey Craig, good for you! Was it over at Missouri Mustang? Perseverance pays off! I am down in Carl Junction and have a few parts around if you are in need.
    Wasn't at Rusty and Kathy's place. This salvage is in Elm Springs, Arkansas. West of Springdale.

Guy thought he may have another SVO in the yard. I'm going to look when I go back to get some wheels from him and take in a 1987 GT convertible that I'm using for the drivetrain on a friend's project.

BTW, is this Max I'm speaking with? Or are their more SVO owners in CJ?
    Craig

This is Max. Hey, I am really happy for you! I do have some parts around. I will PM you with what I think I have. You get it in the road, you need to drive it by.

Glad you got it back.

Hey Craig belated congratulations!!
    I have had that pic of your car in the 1st post, in my SVO computer files for many years. When we bought our 84 1C in 2013, that pic helped me to decide to put a thin red stripe around it like you did. I put the red stripe on our present 84 1C also.
    Of course it didn't hurt any that it also matched the original red stripe on our 88 Black Bird:
    Tails cropped:lightened .jpg
    Again, congratulations..........................There is nothing quite like recovering a car that we never should have sold in the first place huh!
    Ron
    The problem I never fix on my cars is the nut that holds the steering wheel