Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: Stripped your Aux gears? come inside :)

Some Boost

Stripped your Aux gears? come inside :)

take it from a real life svo owner and rebuild the engine. bam i said it. I regret not listening to the older generation as i scooped out what i could with a magnet and diesel, replaced the oil pump and screen and called it a night.

keep in mind this is AFTER the scooping, flushing with diesel, magnet dragging, and a new pick up screen/pump.
    20130809_092229_zpsefcff300.jpg

i took the M86e oil pump apart.. not sure if its even worth it as everyone praises the m127.. may have to spring for one in this rebuild.

How many miles until the failure. Im at 250
    Peyton Manning? Who's he drive for?

Some Boost
    well i didnt mesh the first set right and it lasted about 500 miles. check for premature wear because i sure didnt.. set go around i got smart and replaced the oil pump/pickup, painted the gears to check for compatibility. this newest set outlived the motor as it spun a bearing about a month after i got back from deployment.

I bought a matched set, but I will be pulling the dizzy when I get back in town just to check.
    On another note, I didn't know it then but the car was letting me know the distributor was going to fail. It started to knock at low boost levels the more the gear wore away the more low level knock I saw.

As the dizzy gear was slowly losing time as it wore away.

Some Boost
    mine spontaneously fizzled out and wouldn't start. atleast both times it was within 5 miles of my house

Yup I was across the intersection from a friend of mine. He pulled a ui and towed me up the road.

Quote Originally Posted by brownsvo View Post
    both times it was within 5 miles of my house
    mine blew within a mile of the house; engine was dead cold. right coming off idle after stopping at a stop sign. teach me to not let it warm up in the morning.
    "radar detectors are illegal in the Commonwealth of Virgina" "i bet cloaking devices are illegal too! good-bye!"

Building Boost
    I switched to the m127 pump after my failures. Used a distributor/auxiliary shaft pulled from a junkyard engine. Now I am up to around 15k miles or so, no issues that I know of, although I wouldn't notice a problem quite as soon now because the distributor is just a cam position sensor in terms of ignition. Jeff

What oil were you running?

Some Boost
    I want to say ford semi synthetic, and I forget the weight as I did it before deploying last july.