Thread: Jcamper's Autocross Videos

Building Boost

Jcamper's Autocross Videos

Figured I would use this thread to document autocrossing, note changes I have made and some results. First one from 3/18/12, cold rainy day. Car with 265/40/17 star specs in back, 255/40/17s in front. Engine/drivetrain essentially stock, suspension with H&R race springs, upgraded bushings. Think I ended up mid-pack in non-Porsche street tire. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-fMmKUmjyY

Building Boost
    This was from 4/15/2012. Same car setup as before, but some dry weather. The lot that is used is terrible blacktop, starting to really break up, lots of gravel. Another mid-pack finish, first time I beat the 944 I was using as a benchmark. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZbJoAhGJIA

Building Boost
    I made lots of changes to the car this winter; Megasquirt 3 system, HX35 turbo, good intercooler, 120lb injectors, flex fuel sensor, larger fuel lines and pump. Full sequential injection and ignition with LS2 truck coils. Installed a true antilag system to help mitigate lag issues while autocrossing. Engine still basically the same, stock cam and unported manifolds. Took it autocrossing and didn't get video the first time. Power was amazing, but super loud, lots of backfiring. The tables I was using for the antilag were from a rally race car that I had softened up. The transition at light/mid throttle opening was too severe. Spun a couple times before finally keeping it all together for 9th out of 45 cars. Shocks and struts were completely blown at this time. I had added a Maximum Motorsports panhard bar though. Clutch was slipping. Running about 28psi, having trouble controlling boost.

Building Boost
    Went to race on 7/14/13. All new shocks/struts, custom valved Bilsteins from Maximum Motorsports. New rear end with 3.27 gears, 4 puck clutch. Changed the antilag tables to make the car easier to drive in part throttle, and make rpm limit fuel cut instead of spark cut. Very little backfiring, now sounds like an old single piston tractor or something off throttle. Most people at the autocrosses still think the car is not running correctly most of the time. Only got one run in and they said that it was sloshing fuel on hard lefts. Saw that I was getting spillage from the gasket where the filler neck goes into the tank. At the same time noticed it was leaking massive amounts of oil. Only one run due to those issues, but it turned out that the oil pan was just very, very loose. What really gets me is that I ended up 15th out of 43 cars with only my single run first thing in the morning. Oh well, next time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2gdFf8GgzY

What class are they having you run in? Is this SCCA or someone else?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Meotchh
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Anyone who owns an SVO belongs in a Psychiatric hospital.

Building Boost
    Quote Originally Posted by SVOC View Post
    What class are they having you run in? Is this SCCA or someone else?
    I have been running with the oregon Porsche club. They do a good job, 40 bucks, 6 runs, usually done by 2:30. Downfall is if you don't have a Porsche they lump you together based on race tire or street tires. Any modifications ok. Jeff