Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying SVO Club Of Pat but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free SVO Club Of Pat account now? As a SVO Club Of Pat registered user you get free access to our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a SVO Club Of Pat member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: 1986 Mustang SVO 96xxx miles $5000.00

1986 Mustang SVO 96xxx miles $5000.00

For Sale
    1986 Mustang SVO
    Guard Red - original color was 1D (dark gray metallic)
    All Stock
    96xxx miles original
    Originally a Wisconsin car transplanted to Texas then CT
    VIN 1FABP28T1GF101656 (carfax should reflect registrations and color change in Wisconsin, registration in Texas, then one last time in Connecticut)

Car uses only Mobil1, never had less than 93 octane in the tank

The issues -
    Needs all weatherstrip and dewsweeps replaced.
    Both front seats need to be recovered - lumbar works on both!
    Drivers seat track has "widened" over its 27 years and wobbles a little.
    Switch panel in center console needs fog light switch
    Car is straight piped, but a good job done on exhaust - stock down pipe
    Rattle from top of head? at 3500-4000 RPM. It may be something loose in the engine bay around the bell housing. Have not had time to investigate.
    AC clutch fell off (still worked prior to that point) Don't need it where I live.
    Map light bulb burned out - will fix
    I think the DS strut is leaking
    Crack on drivers side windshield - will replace
    Bi-wing is loose. Tab is broken on passenger side - but wing is still straight
    DS headlight housing is toast, PS is brand new
    Small cracks in front exterior lighting lenses.
    BCS blew in half a long time ago, grainger valve in place now.
    Does not have original radio.
    PAINT - Paint is a 8/10 at any distance after a wash and some wax.
    There are 2 dings in the body - very small
    There are 3 small rust spots on the body about the size of a BB. My wife likes to park too close to the car and the kids have opened the door into my car causing these small chips.
    When I purchased this car, the everything but the interior, wheels/tires and glass was red. I slowly started to convert the parts that were charcoal. I did not strip any red. I painted over to see how it would look and ended up doing the entire perimiter/bumper strips, cowl, windshield trim, kick board/spats. The bi-wing is color matched to the rest of the car.

THE GOOD -
    96xxx original miles
    Still have the KONI manual (not the key though)
    Original owners manual
    I am the third owner
    EVERYTHING but the AC and Map Light currently work
    When waxed you can see it from space
    80% left on Firestones.
    Wheels in excellent condition except for some deterioration of clear coat - no road/curb rash.
    Not modified (other than the grainger valve)
    Timing belt is 2 years old, tensioner is 3 weeks old. TFI is 3 weeks old, Cap and rotor are 2 years old, spark plugs are 3 weeks old as are the wires. The distributor gear and auxiliary shaft are new matched parts with approximately 750 miles on them since replacement. I did not replace the oil pump, I did remove what was left of the gears from the oil pan. Engine is running stock timing and 15 psi with no detonation.

When I picked up this car, it had the original windshield wipers, original air filter still on the car. I kept all that stuff for some reason. It has been a wonderful car and it's time for someone else to enjoy it.

To my knowledge, the fuel pump is original. This car is daily driven and has had no major issues since I took ownership in 2009/10.

I am asking $5000 flat. (if you are interested and require shipping, please do your own homework. I will try to help as best as I can, but my work hours are nuts. Zip is 06355)

My name is Dan and I can be contacted via e-mail or cell phone. If I do not pick up the cell, please leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

danbrodaski@att.net
    860-961-2173

20130901_183342_resized - Copy.jpg20130901_183400_resized - Copy.jpg20130901_183437_resized - Copy.jpg20130901_183456_resized.jpg20130901_183506_resized.jpg20130901_183516_resized.jpg20130901_183646_resized.jpg20130901_183658_resized.jpg20130901_183838_resized.jpg9251907778_f0251e67d8.jpg
    Peyton Manning? Who's he drive for?

DSC01721.JPGDSC01723.JPGDSC01724.JPGUntitled.jpg These pictures are before the new passenger side headlight housing.
    Peyton Manning? Who's he drive for?